Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year's Wishes

For the New Year I Wish...


For a brother in law's continued sobriety

For a son to be potty trained

For a father in law's continued employment

For a husband's invention to come to fruition

To be one step closer to buying a new house, in a new neighborhood, with a garage and a heater that doesn't crackle and pop all night

For a pregnancy miracle

For a real best friend

For thinner hips

For more patience

For a sister in law to realize how wonderful she is and to leave behind anyone who doesn't feel the same.

For more energy

To give more time to my kids and not my computer

For more summer rain

For more time with my relatives

For a few more birdies and a few more pars

For safety, and health, and wealth and wisdom.




And if I can't have all of this, I wish to be happy with what I have.



.

16 comments:

Hildie said...

Don't worry, Ari, I'm sure this will be the year that Big Daddy gets his time machine to work. ha ha.

And please, DO spend more time with relatives (you meant me, right?)

Mom told me last night that I should get pregnant and give the baby to you. Where does she come up with her ideas???

Jen said...

I hope you get all of those things on your list too! If you come out this way to see Jennie, let me know I would LOVE to see you!!!

Kristina P. said...

This will be your year. Happy 2010!

Lyns said...

Does it count if I had a dream we were BFF's??? I think it should....

Shawn said...

Such a great list! I could go for the wealth one---thats for sure...

Best of luck with every thing....and I can't wait to see you this year! I am coming in Feb.....blogging dinner again?

Mrs. O said...

I hope the pregnancy miracle for you too, and the house, and everything. Happy 2010.

Anonymous said...

All of that sounds good except for spending less time on your computer. Where does that leave your loyal blog readers and their resolutions to read more of your blog?

J.J. said...

So my daughter is looking over my shoulder...points to "Give more time to my kids and not my computer" and says, "That's what you should do..."
Which I will...we're going to find Wisconsin...
:)

kado! said...

hey...I hope you get it all too!

Here is to the BESTest in 2010!!!!

Mia said...

I love you list. I will hope for a pregnancy miracle for you too, among other things.

mCat said...

Great list. And that is a challenge, to be happy with what we have! : )

tiburon said...

Keeping everything crossed that you get knocked up...

Sara said...

I second that, except the golf one....

Nicki said...

Am I a relative you want to visit more too! I sincerely hope that you get all of those - this will be the year!

alex dumas said...

Now that last one...I could use some of that.

Financial Aid for College said...

What a sweet and generous list!

And I think it would be rational and superb for Jennie to have a baby and give it to you. What's wrong with that idea? (Besides her suicide over a 9th pregnancy.)