Thursday, January 7, 2010

As Seen In Nerdville

Sometimes you see something kinda cool on infomercials. Sometimes you see things that are minorly intriguing on As Seen On TV ads and you're almost tempted to order one.

And then there are times like this when the stupidest, silliest looking invention any geriatric inventor has ever invented makes it on TV. I give you, the Necky...



It's a fake turtleneck! (Not a mock turtle neck. That's a whole different realm of fashion faux pas.) This is like a dickey, if you know what that is, but for those people who are too stupid to tie an actual scarf on and too lazy to wear an actual turtulneck shirt. And/or who want to look ridiculous after they take off their coat. "Keeps your kids' necks warm AND keeps them from having friends!"

The good news is, you can also use it for winter-time train robberies. Bonus!

Ok, that's all I had to say. I'll catch you later. I'm going to go back to watching TV...... in my Snuggie.

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, pretty pathetic and nerdy. And that name? Necky? My grandma wouldn't wear that.

Mrs. O said...

How handy that it folds up like a quillow, makes it more convenient to be a nerd.

Necky's true purpose? Hiding hickeys?

rae said...

Oh my gosh. We had these in New Jersey, only we called them REAL SCARVES. (Tell that tool at the beginning to stop wrapping pantyhose around his neck.) Can't beat the quadruple offer, though.

Kristina P. said...

I think it sounds amazing!!! ;)

Christie said...

Wow - i have no words. that thing is so stupid.

kado! said...

oh my goodness...it IS a dickey you wear on the outside..horrible!!!

...and how did I know Kristina P. would totally be aboard the Necky train!!! ha!

Anonymous said...

I think they spent the last of their cash reserves to make this commercial. The inventors need to take some lessons from Ronco.

veronica said...

"Keeps your kids' necks warm AND keeps them from having friends!"
Ha! Well said.

I think I want to punch that guy in his Necky. He bugs!

The Payne-Rinne Family said...

I had one of those as a kid! Two of them, actually. Seriously, I'm not just saying this to gain fashion points or to be popular. I really had them. One was white, and the other was a color of turquoise that we only saw in the late 80's. Booyah. By the way, my word verification for this post is 'goatme'. Goat me. Seriously.

Mia said...

It is the bib part that gets me and the velcro. I mean those trendy up-cycled/hand knit/organic/hand felted sweater neck cowls are all over the place, but when you add the bib and the velcro yikes.

Lia said...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!
Not thinking of getting one or two in different colours I take it.
Just think how much it will make every one else laugh every time you take your coat off. Just a thought!!!
Much love
Lia
xx

mCat said...

Oh for the LOVE!

Please can we get any dumber things on the infomercials?

I so remember dickey's.

Chelsea said...

I first heard about dickeys in a church manual and I thought it HAD to be about something "inappropriate." Wow.

Vanessa said...

For reals? What will they think of next?

Hildie said...

I like the line that says "now you can catch the big game without catching a cold!" What is this, 1850? Maybe someone should tell them about these tiny things called viruses.

Shawn said...

Aaaahhhh---creepy. Nuff said.

Sara said...

That's funny!

tiburon said...

That might be the dumbest thing I have ever seen.