Sunday, January 24, 2010

Thanks, Ground Beef Male Royalty

On Saturday I stopped at a certain fast food joint for a snack. It was late and I didn't want anything big, but I had just finished doing a Passion Party and hadn't had much dinner before hand. I thought maybe a small order of Chicken Fries would be good.

I ordered, drove to the window, and paid. And then the man at the drive through made my day with 6 simple words: Would you like a free Sprite?

Let me say that I don't like Sprite. I would never order a Sprite. I can't remember the last time I drank a Sprite (it has to be in the double digits ago) and if given the choice between water and Sprite, I would probably choose water. But for some reason, on this night, that simple act of kindness of handing over a gargantuan Sprite that the person in line before me's credit card had declined him from purchasing (talk about being over your credit limit!) made my night. And it was the yummiest 56 ounces of Sprite ever.


(Just kidding. I only had about 3 sips, but it was the thought that counted....)

12 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I am sitting here drinking a Diet Sprite right now. I still have stomach issues off and on and it helps.

I love the Diet Sprite with Strawberries at Sonic. Delicious!

Lia said...

I love random acts of kindness.
They don't just give you a little lift but they can also give you hope that maybe just maybe we can all learn to get along.
Funny I can't remember the last time I had a sprite, I had forgotten all about it until you mentioned it and now I want one lol. Mind you they must be real expensive if the guy before you couldn't pay for his!!!!!
Much love
Lia
xx

Jules AF said...

I want one now. sigh. And I don't even like Sprite.

Financial Aid for College said...

Isn't it wonderful when someone does something kind and generous? I should do it more often, too.

Just SO said...

How does one follow that comment??? ;)

It is the thought that counts. Glad you enjoyed those three sips.

Omgirl said...

I'm really not sure why these Japanese and Chinese people keep leaving comments on my blog. 1) They are always gibberish (I have them translated every time) and 2) They are in a language that neither I nor my readers speak. What's the point???

rae said...

Oh, Passion Parties! Feel like traveling down to SWTX?

Financial Aid for College said...

I JUST GOT IT!

Ground Beef Male Royalty = Burger King! (I'm a little slow)

kado! said...

What?? I seriously think it might be a felony in Utah to not like Sprite! I don't think you should say that too loud.... ;)

How cool...for the freebie!

I don't drink soda much...but when I do it is usually a Sprite or a Fanta...I'm sure that is the Mormon Brain-washing techniques kickin' in! ;)

Mrs. O said...

You won the late night lottery - awesome.

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

Here is what I think is funny...the guy before you can't pay for his drink, so instead of just giving it to him, they deny him his delicious Sprite, and instead save it for the person behind him, who couldn't care less if they had a Sprite or not. I'm glad you got your free Sprite, but I'm just sayin'...

Omgirl said...

hahaha! That's a good point, Kelli. I guess the guy in front of me wasn't as cute as I was. ;)