Monday, January 25, 2010

The Mouths of Babes



Daphne: Mom, I'm packing a bag because I need a fication.


Daphne, after I have asked her twice to clean up her room (and she hasn't so I have started telling her to pick up items one by one): "Mommy, you're acting like a mean witch!"



Daphne: Mommy, I'm a fairy!
Me: I see your wings. Does that mean if I put you on top of the table and give you a push you'll fly away into the trees?
Daphne: No, Mom. It's just betend.



This morning I made a rabbit-shaped pancake for Daphne. Her first bite was to eat its ear. As usual, I exclaimed, "Oh no, Daphne! Not the ear! How will that poor rabbit hear??" Usually this makes the kids scream with laughter. But today Daphne just looked at me and shook her head. "Mom, it's just a pancake."

ACK! I think my little girl is growing up!

7 comments:

Jules AF said...

I want a fication.

Mrs. O said...

She is a darling.

Jen said...

I love the its just a pancake. lol She is geting so grown up.

Koreena said...

Cute. It's so weird to see and hear how big our kids are all getting.

mCat said...

So cute! Now I would like a pancake

Kristine said...

Haha, those are awesome!

kado! said...

she is seriously cute!