Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hip Fat, Meet My New Friend, HCG



I have three words for you:

Human Chorionic Gonadotropin.

Yes, I've reached the point in my "weight loss," which has been more like a giant weight plateau, where I'm ready for a little extra help.

Judge not lest ye be judged, Peeps.

I know there is a lot of flack out there about this diet. But I'm giving it a try. I've read the original manuscript by the doctor who invented this diet, like 50 years ago, and all the work he did fine-tuning it, studying it, trying it out, etc. And I've read about how it works to help your body only pull fat from the right places, how it helps your metabolism fix itself, despite the low calorie diet, and how it should, supposedly, hopefully, keep one from feeling hungry. And I've known dozens of people now who have tried and and lost a lot of weight.

There are people out there who I'm sure are rolling their eyes, gasping in horror, tisking their fingers, and doing all kinds of other shocked-old-lady mannerisms right now. If you're one of those people, I'm sorry. But I've decided to give it a go.

And I've decided to document it. For myself, for you, for anyone out there wondering if it really works and just how well. So feel free to sit back and watch, join in the discussion, ask questions, or tell your own success story.

And check back daily for updates on how it's going!

Hopefully in three weeks, you'll be hearing from me, 13 lbs lighter.

13 comments:

Jules AF said...

I like eating too much.

Tiffany said...

Is this a Utah thing? I haven't heard anything about it out here.

Looking forward to reading about it. No judgement here.

Kristina P. said...

I am definitely judging.

This crap scares me!

Financial Aid for College said...

Maybe I ought to read all that original research to soothe my qualms. I know that no other diet on earth has progressed other than glacially. Yeah, 15 lbs in 3 years on Weight Watchers, but I AM 67. My doctor praises me.

But in order to get rid of Gastric Reflux (you don't want to know) I'm advised to loose another 15 lbs. EGADS! I haven't weighed that low since Jennie's Wedding!

I'll be watching you, Kiddo!

big daddy said...

you said Gonad.

Lyns said...

No judging--I tried it for like a week and got the flu so quit and THEN got pregnant...I will say that I DO lose weight when I'm pregnant so in theory it works (but it could just be that I don't like that stuffed bloated feeling of baby pushing on stomach)
I know people who have had GREAT success and those who have had success and gained the weight back...just like any other diet...I'm going to watch faithfully and see how it works for you...

mCat said...

Somehow I just didn't think you met the criteria for HCG. You are in great shape and don't have a large amount of weight to lose.
Good luck with it though

Omgirl said...

Well, you don't have to "qualify" per se. It's not like gastric bipass where you really have to be very over-weight to do it. With HCG, you just do it for less time if you have less to lose. Heavier people can do it longer and do it several times to lose all their weight. I'm hoping once will do it for me. (I'm very good at maintinaing weight through moderate eating and exercise. I just can't exercise and diet long enough/extreme enough actually lose any weight. I've been yo-yoing at this same weight, while dieting and exercising, for a year. So I just need the extra push to burst through this weight plateua. Enter HCG.)

Mrs. O said...

It does work (and I think it depends on if you do the shots or homeopathic how well it help curbs hunger).

You'll have to let me know how it works on skinny people. I did it when I was much heavier and it worked great for me. I eat a lot healthier now - for the most part. Anyways, it was a godsend for me.

Chelsea said...

Tiffany, Yes, it is a Utah thing. Or at least, it's not a mid-Atlantic thing, since I don't know anyone around here who's done it.


The whole hormone thing freaks me out, but if it's what you need for that final push, more power to you! I am excited to follow your experience with it.

Nicki said...

I'm totally anxious to see your progress...was it super expensive?

kado! said...

you are so thin already...unless you are not posting your current pics? but good luck to you! I don't know much about it...but am never against medical enhancements...I'm basically the poster child for them! ;)

Cook Family said...

I'm catching up on your blog.
I know a few people who have tried it and done very well.