Sunday, March 21, 2010

HCG Day 5 - The Screw Up

Well, yesterday was turning out pretty well until dinner. I moved my protein to breakfast and had scrambled eggs with one yolk and 3 egg whites, and 1 piece of turkey bacon. I felt a lot more satisfied and normal after that breakfast. I was still a little hungry, but I wasn't starving and I wasn't weak or spaced out. I think it was a good move.

Of course, I had no idea what I was going to do when it came to dinner since I had already used up one protein of my two allowed, and the other one would be for lunch.

As it turned out, things took care of themselves. Because I forgot we had a pizza party at church, which my husband was in charge of so I couldn't skip it. I made a fruit salad so that I would have something there I could eat. But the fruit alone just didn't cut it. And my other options were pizza, pasta salad, pasta chili, jello salad, and 10 kids of desserts. So in the end, I just decided to forego my diet for the evening and just try to eat moderately. So I had one piece of pizza, a small portion of pasta salad, a bunch of fruit, a small handful of caramel corn, and one small peanut butter bar (hey, at least it had protein, right?)

I was very worried about what it would do to my weight, after having protein at breakfast AND a big deviation for dinner. But I'm delighted to say that I still lost 1/2 lb!

And I can't even explain to you how utterly delicious and filling those carbs were. Oh my gosh, the sugar and flour together in those bars....I could have eaten 15 of them! Dear carbs, how I love you so. Please forgive me with my temporary affair with protein. Love, Me.



Daily Weight Loss: 1/2 lb.
Total Weight Loss: 3 lbs!

(I am now my lowest weight in a year!)

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I definitely admire your tenacity. This sounds painful!

Lia said...

I am totally confused by your diet and how it works. But good for you that you are getting on with it and reaching your goals.

much love
Lia
xx

Lia said...

Right I have now caught up and up to speed about the diet and how it works.

I have a question or twenty five!!!

What company did you buy the HCG from and how do you know it is a safe reliable company and not one numpty sending you fake stuff?

Sorry just very interested in how you settle on the right place to buy from.

I have to say that the loading days would make me very ill as part of my illness means that this type of food can seriously open the pain receptors in my body, so if I did it I would have to find a way of loading without all the sugar and fat or white bread, flour etc.

Still I think it is very interesting and will be watching more closely now, you see I still need to lose weight in order to get the illness under control, so am thinking that it may be worth the uncomfortable side effects it would have on me to begin with.

Exercise is extremely painful and I could do with the help, if it works faster than diet and exercise together and I am going to be in pain for months on end. My thinking is that 6 weeks discomfort is better than months.
And; as I have had to completely change my eating habits to fit around my illness it won't be a big shock to my system at the end, when I would no longer be taking the HCG.

Am I making any sense!!!!

Good luck
much love
Lia
xx

By the way, do you not know how lovely you are and what a wonderful figure you already have.
Still I guess it's all about how YOU feel in your skin, not what we all think, but you are lovely.

Mrs. O said...

Don't get too frustrated if the loss slows down. Usually cheating will cost you three days of losing. It sounds like you've lucked out though.

Anonymous said...

I think you're crazy, ha. I could -never- stick to a diet like this. Way to be dedicated.