1) That tan I came back from St. Thomas with? I got it before I left. Fake baking. 'Cause I hate tan lines.
2) I cannot push "mark all as read." I just. can't. do it. (Sorry about the periods, Jennie).
3) I also can't not comment. I might be able to skip a post, but if I read it, I have to comment. MUST. COMMENT. Do you hear me people???? It's an illness.
4) It bugs me that in Utah every dinner is pot luck. Where I come from, the swanky high-class city of Detroit, you invite someone to dinner and you actually MAKE THE WHOLE DINNER. I do appreciate offers from people to bring dessert or a salad or rolls. But really, when I invite you over, I fully intend to actually cook.
5) I think I'm a better driver than everyone else. Because, really, I am.
6) There is nothing I love better than a good, loud pop-belch (those being caused by quickly drinking pop). However, it is counter-productive to the teaching of manners to small children. (Is it okay to add a caveat such as, "Kids, it's bad to belch in public, UNLESS you've had more than 6 ounces of pop in less than one minute. Then it's better to let it rip." ?)
7) Sometimes I like to spell words the British way, with "our" instead of "or." Like colour. Or labour. Or Amour. Wait, that's French. Anyway, I like to see who notices and who tells me that it's wrong and who starts copying me later. I mean latour.
8) I am impatient. I realize sometimes that I am impatient and I feel like I should be more patient. But I seriously just hate waiting. I want more patience RIGHT NOW!!!
9) I wore a bikini in St.Thomas. I have no business wearing a bikini with this body. NONE. But I wore it anyway. 'Cause I was formerly in denial about how I looked in a bikini. But four hundred and fifty-seven group beach pictures later... not so much.
10) I am not crafty. I am not, have never been, and never will be crafty. The only place I have in my life for crafts are those which can be eaten or those which can be rubbed on one's body for cleaning purposes. I will never be the first to blog about a cute seasonal decoration I made up, or show off an expertly photographed hand-made fashion accessory, or invent a super trendy craft. Unless that craft combines things that can be eaten and rubbed on one's body for cleaning purposes at the same time. 'Cause I think eating and showering simultaneously could really catch on. Otherwise, I'm out. (But I still reserve my right to feel extremely guilty for not being crafty and not doing adorable seasonal things for my kids and photographing them with a tripod and umbrella light. It's my right as a woman to feel guilt, OK?!?)
11) I secretly always look behind me when I pull out of a super awesome parking spot, just to see if anyone else pulls in right behind me. That way I can share in the joy I know that they are feeling when they think, "I can't believe I got such a sweet spot!"
Do you have any confessions you want to share?