Friday, November 7, 2008

The Mouths of Babes




Here are a couple of conversations Daphne and I have had lately:


Me: Daphne, put your pink sockies on, please.
Her: I don’t want pink sockies.
Me: Do you want to go get some white ones?
Her: No. I don’t want white sockies. I just want toes.



The other day I cut Daphne’s nails. They had grown quite long and very dirty. After I cut them, they felt strange to her and she exclaimed, “Mommy, Help me! My nails feel silly!”



Me: Come here, Sweet Love.
Her: Mommy, that’s not my beautiful name.
Me: It’s not?
Her: No. Beautiful’s name is Daphne.


.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's good you're posting these so she can relive these times forever. Don't forget to show them to her boyfriend when she starts dating at 25.

Mindi said...

such a smart little lady--the cute ones always know how to get what they want!

Koreena said...

How cute! She's sure growing up.

Devri said...

She is so cute, and so smart that one for sure..

Unknown said...

What adorable conversations with Daphne! I'm glad you included them, and will treasure and record many more. Kids are so delightfully original!

tiburon said...

That Daphne is a keeper.

Christie said...

Funny stuff. I keep wondering what we did for entertainment before kids.

Mia said...

Those are so cute! I love her toes and her silly nails, but especially Beautiful's name Daphne.