Thursday, September 25, 2008

Dirty Little Secret

It's time I let the cat out of the bag...

I am a Passion Parties' consultant. If you don't know what Passion Parties is, it's a business doing parties in women's homes, like Tupperware or Pampered Chef. Only instead of selling plastic containers and kitchen gadgets, I sell romantic products. My company's philosophy is that women should be able to enjoy sex as much as men, and if you need a little help, then get it! Everything we sell, with one or two exceptions, is for WOMEN. It's all about making things fun, building intimacy, improving satisfaction...basically bringing husband and wife closer together. And it's all done in the privacy of a friend's home--safe, tasteful, confidential, informative. If you've ever been to a sex-shop, and there aren't many here in Utah--three, to be exact--you'll know that it's usually a) embarrassing b) scary c) gross d) expensive and e) overall a nerve-wracking and overwhelming experience. So Passion Parties tries to make looking for romantic products a lot easier and less intimidating. Even some of my most conservative friends have said to me later, "I was really nervous to go to that kind of party, but it was great! It was very tastefully done." And the party consultant is like your own little Dr.Ruth, there to give advice and tips and guide you to finding products that will help you rekindle the romance.

We sell tame things like little card games and dice to help you be more creative in the bedroom, flavored produts like chocolate raspberry passion powder and Fireworks flavored massage lotion, and lingerie. We also sell more wild products that I'll leave to your imagination. But everything is sold with the intent to help couples get closer to each other and have more satisfaction in the bedroom.

I went to my first Passion Party about 4 years ago and bought quite a bit of stuff. I went to my second Passion Party the next year and bought a bunch more stuff. I loved their products so much that I decided to sell them. And I've really enjoyed being in this business. It is part teacher (because the parties are very educational), part therapist (because women open up to me about what they're dealing with so I can help them find a solution) and part comedian (because I try to keep my presentations very light). It's really a fun job. And I believe strongly in what I do. I believe that adding a bit of spice to your marriage is a GOOD thing. The more a couple enjoys sex, the more sex they'll have. And the more sex they have, they happier and more faithful they are likely to be. So it's all good for a healthy, happy, even LDS marriage!

Things have been kind of slow since the summer, though. People are busy and out of town a lot. So I'm trying to get the ball rolling again now that school is back in session. So if you think you might be intersted in either products or a party, let me know. You can browse at my website here. If you'd like to know more, you can email me at arianne at the passionroom dot com. In fact if you email with an order me or decide to hold a party, just use the code "blogpromo" (or mention to me that you saw this on my blog) and I'll give you 10% off your order or an extra 5% hostess credit at your party. And if you refer someone to me for an order or a party, I'll send YOU a gift certificate to use at my website. Just have them use your name when they contact me.


Thanks for allowing this shameful self-solicitation!


11 comments:

Devri said...

Whooa!!!!! I love it, confess away!!! That is funny... You go girl!!!

Christie said...

Of course, I already knew this about you ;). I hope you can get things going again though. Some days I really miss doing the parties. My sister went to one over the weekend, and she said they have a lot of new stuff.

Kay said...

Good luck! Maybe if I go back to Utah I'll let you throw one. I may not be married, but 99% of all my friends are.

Anonymous said...

Could you do one in Houston? Jen's been to one or two, but it may be time for her to go again.

Suzie said...

Your hubby is a lucky, lucky man.

Hildie said...

If you're lucky Tib and I will sit in the back of the room and make hilarious comments.

I have dragged friends to some of Ari's parties and they loved them. They are fun! And very interesting! And very. . . rewarding (if you know what I mean.)

tammy said...

Love it! You'll learn quite a lot about us if we order from you.

Mindi said...

i always knew i loved you best for a reason. HOT DAMN!

i guess this means i won't have to go to the "luv botique" in vegas anymore (and no, i am NOT making that up, and yes, it is totally gross. it's in the same hallway as a stripclub. awesome.)

arianne, you are a woman with many layers. love it.

tiburon said...

Seriously?

Mia said...

Wow the things you learn by blogging. I will check it out.

alex dumas said...

Fascinating. I have so much to learn.