Wednesday, July 23, 2008

And Wall I'm at it...


The last time we took Daphne to see a movie in the theater, she was 6 weeks old. We took her with us to see War of the Worlds. Holy Crap, could we have picked a movie with more loud sounds and more screaming and more explosions??? Not likely. I had to hold my hands over her ears the entire time. But she slept through it all. Amazing. Well, we decided it was time for another try at the movies, three years later. So we took her to see Wall-E. Slightly more age appropriate. We loved it! I'm not sure if she did, but I know we did. Daphne paced up and down the row (thankfully empty except for us), climbing up on the chairs, falling through the crack at the back of the seat, eating enough popcorn to feed a horse, asking us all kinds of questions we didn't know the answers to, sneaking big sips of caffeine-full Coke, repeatedly touching the comb-over of the man in front of us....but I didn't even really notice her because I found the movie so enthralling. It was just adorable! It had so little dialogue that it was amazing how much could be accomplished with just a few sighs and squeaks and movements of the robots' digital eyes and rusty "eyebrows." You just fall in love with Waaaaaall-E and Eeeeeee-va.

So my point is, if you have kids, take them to see it. Now. Don't wait. If you don't have kids, steal some and take them to see it. If you can't steal any, just go see it, OKAY?

14 comments:

Misty said...

Already on my Netflix Queue. I am afraid that we don't go to movies much anymore because we have a projection screen in the basement and it is so much cheaper and relaxing to watch a movie at your own house in your PJs!

Hildie said...

This was such a touching, sweet movie. I just loved it. All the kids were enthralled. They don't like live-action all that much, but show them a Pixar and they're completely mezmerized!

Kay said...

I've heard lots of good things about this movie too. But your review was the first about not much dialogue. Which is fine by me... one of my favorite movie's is Benji the Hunted and there's almost no lines uttered in the whole movie. (I like Benji, what can I say?)

Christie said...

Ben took the girls to see this movie, and they loved it too. Thankfully, I got to stay at home (I'm not a big fan of kids movies, although he swears I'll like this one)

Hildie said...

Oh good, you didn't delete me. I couldn't remember exactly what I said.

Kay said...

my comment here was not deleted.. so going on to check batman out

Mia said...

Take two ;) We had a pretty good outing to the movies with the kids to See KFPanda, so I think we are up for another trip to the movies and I really want to see this one. It is on the list!

Anonymous said...

I'll have to put that one on my list too! Thank you-

Notme said...

We took Landon while on Vacation. It was his very first and he did a really good job. I didnt care for the movie though.. Maybe its because I was detained with Chayce.

Chelsea said...

We loved this one too. And Sawyer even sat still for the first 1/2 hour! Oh, and we also took Sawyer to War of the Worlds when he was tiny! The explosions kept startling him and waking him up. We took him to movies all the time when he was a newborn.

Mama C. said...

Thanks for the "thumbs up". The very first time I saw the trailer for it (when I took my oldest daughter to see the Hanna Montana 3-D movie), I cracked up laughing at that! I can't wait to see the entire thing. From what I've been hearing, I won't be disappointed.

xox,

C.

Devri said...

Loved it, and love kid movies..

Anonymous said...

Mason and I loved it. Jen kinda liked it.

alex dumas said...

Well, maybe I'm the only one that didn't really care about this movie. Politics and animation should not ever hold hands. That's called brainwashing.