Thursday, February 19, 2009

The Child In Me

I have done this color code test many times before. But this is the first time that I have taken it with myself as a CHILD in mind. It came out with quite a different result. I think as I've gotten older, I've changed a lot. But here is what I got when I took the test the way they instructed:

Basic Analysis
Congratulations, you are a yellow.


yellow: 56.56%
red: ??? %
blue: ??? %
white: ??? %

Yellows (Motive: Fun)yellows are motivated by Fun. They are inviting and embrace life as a party that they're hosting. They love playful interaction and can be extremely sociable. They are highly persuasive and seek instant gratification. yellows need to be adored and praised. While yellows are carefree, they are sensitive and highly alert to others' agendas to control them. yellows typically carry within themselves the gift of a good heart.

Notice that I was pretty evenly also blue, red, and white. As a child that is. But when I take it with my adult self in mind, here's how it turns out:

Basic Analysis
Congratulations, you are a yellow.


yellow: 47.5%
red: ??? %
blue: ??? %
white: ??? %

I am still yellow, but about 10% less so. And the portions of secondary colors have changed too. The bigger one is red, then blue, with almost no white at all. It's funny because my positive traits are all yellow and blue, but my negatives are not yellow and blue, but red. So I've traded out my compassion and desire to have fun for being more assertive and bossy. Great.

Anyway, interesting stuff. If you want to take the test, click here.
(Thanks, Tib.)

8 comments:

Devri said...

I soo need to take this test!!

Hildie said...

I think you're more blue than yellow. You're also pretty responsible (even as a child) and yellows most definitely are not. I don't see you as having a lot of white. Big Daddy on the other hand . . . .

mCat said...

We should totally hang out. It would be FUN!!

Financial Aid for College said...

Arianne, you are SOOOOOO BLUE. But being a mother, AND being married to a white will brings out the red in anyone! Just take a look at your mother. Somebody has to make family life run smoothly, discipline the children, pay the bills, say no to foolish whims (your own or his).

Financial Aid for College said...

L. just took the test. She ended up looking JUST like you (for some strange reason). The irritating thing is that many of the choices were absolutely "NONE OF THESE APPLY IN THE LEAST!"

As a child I wanted to do my own thing and be left alone, but never for a moment was I White. Usually what I wanted to do was invent or focus on something I thought was fascinating (not so much "fun," though fascinating WAS fun for me), and crept away to do it where nobody would stop me. I wanted to be liked, but didn't know how to act likable. So nobody liked me much. The quiz shows me as being mostly yellow, but if "life was a party" I was usually the only one in attendance.

tiburon said...

Apparently I surround myself with yellows :)

Shawn said...

Hmmmm---this is intriguing and interesting---I will try to do it also----"as a child" and "as an adult", but I seem to think that they will be close.

I tend to be very immature sometimes.

Suzie said...

I am a total yellow. Now and then.
I also do DDR for a workout and enjoy the positive influence it is in my life.
And I love olives, cheese & Europe.
But not chocolate water.