I realized after my last neuroses post that, unfortunately, my oddities don't stop there. I have a few more I have to confess to:
1) When I shop for groceries, I can't just unload the food onto the conveyor belt willy nilly. I have to group the items together by type, like in the order that I want them put in the bags. Like all the frozen foods together, all the produce together, all the items going downstairs into my food storage together, deli items together, cupboard items together, etc. Because do I give credit to the bagger to be smart enough to do that way? Not even close. Turn your back and he'll have toothpaste and ramen in the same bag! Plus, it'll save me a lot of organizing later. And really, that's more logical than neurotic, right?
2) When I eat Frosted Mini Wheats, they all have to be frosting side up. It takes an extra couple of minutes to get things set up, but SO much more yummy that way.
3) When I eat, the fork/spoon can't touch my lips. Only my teeth and tongue. I don't know why. Maybe it's genetic because my sister eats this way too.
4) I can't drink anything cold from a mug. Not water, not milk, not juice...it gives me the heebie jeebies just thinking about how the ceramic tastes cold....all metallic, like blood. Or metal. Am I alone on this one? Surely not.
5) When I eat something really delicious, it makes me so happy I have to wag my tail. Well, my foot, cause, you know, I don't actually have a tail. I didn't notice that I did this until a few years ago when a guy I was dating pointed it out. And sure enough, I noticed from then on that whenever I was eating something really yummy my foot would jiggle or swing back and forth. I guess I'm part canine.
6) I can't STAND to have any clothing sit on my natural waist. Maybe because I'm so short-waisted. My hips are so high that they end about 1 inch below where my ribs begin. So when clothes are sitting on my waist, I feel like I'm wearing them just under my boobs. I look like Ed Grimley, for Pete's sake! So I pull or roll everything down around my hips: pants, skirts, pajamas, panty hose, even underwear gets rolled down to a comfortable position half-way up my hips. Whenever my mother sews something for me, she invariably tries to rest it on my waist for try-ons, and I invariably FREAK OUT. I can't help it. It's just so wrong.
Ok, I think that covers it. What about you? Do you do anything weird or interesting? Or are you just plain old NORMAL?