Monday, March 2, 2009
I got tagged on a post called 25 Things I Love To Hate. So I started my list. And by the end, it wasn’t so much things I love to hate, as things that bug . So I’ve changed the title a bit. Here goes…
25 Things That BUG THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF ME.
1) People who park badly. Especially when they take up 2 spots on purpose cause their car (usually a big truck) is just way too fancy to get dinged up like the rest of our cars.
2) When the garbage man ALWAYS leaves my garbage knocked over. Would it be too much to ask for you to set it down upright? (Or when stuff flies out on the way up to his truck and he just leaves it in the street. Doesn’t anyone take pride in being a garbage man anymore??
3) When my waiter asks how everything is 20 times during the meal. Just look! If my glass is empty, fill it. If I’m not eating, ask me if I need a box. If I’m not glaring at you or waving my arms at you when you walk past, shut up and let me eat in peace!
4) People driving slowly in the carpool lane. I know I’ve covered this before. But seriously, if you’re going to drive under the speed limit, regardless of your passenger count, the right two lanes were made just for you. Feel free to move on over and drive as slowly as you like.
5) Kids waking up at 6:45 in the morning. Or 7. Or 7:30. Or pretty much any time before 8am. Or actually 9 am. Or , lets be honest, anytime before 10 am really bugs. I need to get a new job where sleeping in is guaranteed benefit.
6) Bird crap on my car. And, unfortunately, there is a tree branch right above my driveway that the birds love to party on and eat purple things on. Ask me how I know.
7) 2pm church
8) My internet going down. I don’t think I approach certifiable madness faster than when my internet goes down.
9) Parents who bring babies and small children to movies and restaurants. I know, you're cheap. But why punish the rest of us?
10) Something stuck in my teeth when I have no access to a toothpick or floss
11) Overcooked steak
12) My pajama pants riding up while I sleep.
13) People who don’t get sarcasm and take everything face value. Especially on my blog. It’s called humor, people. Try it.
14) Burnt out light bulbs, especially up high. Why is changing a light bulb such a huge pain in the butt? Remove those little tiny screws, but just enough that the glass cover doesn’t come falling down and shatter, then dump out all the dead bugs in there, try not to drop the new or old light bulbs while you swap them, all while standing on a wobbly stool….I mean, really. Could they make it any harder??? I really would like to just clap my hands and have it fixed.
15) My kids growing out of their cute clothes and shoes too fast.
16) How the yummiest food always gives you the worst breath
17) Over-toasted toast
18) Being woken up while I’m sleeping. This one awakens the beast like no other.
19) Whining children. Is there some reason why you can’t ask nicely first and THEN whine if you don’t get your way? Starting out with whining is counterproductive, if you ask me.
20) People who don’t return calls (businesses especially. Why they bother to have answering machines, I don’t know.)
21) Gratuitous swearing in movies. Just what I need. Someone yelling the F-word at me for 2 hours.
22) When adults talk to my kids with baby talk. HATE THAT. Like “Awe you hungwee?” Say “hungry!”
23) Exercising a ton and not loosing weight.
24) Employees who don’t look at you or offer any kind of polite greeting or thank you. Even worse when they talk to each other while ringing you up, like you’re not even there. Hello! Customer service? Remember that?
25) The fact that airlines don't give you crap to eat on the planes anymore. Nuts? I have a 5 hour flight over lunchtime and I get NUTS? So out of the whole $400 I paid for this flight, you couldn't allocate $3 for a sandwich or a piece of pizza??? Lazy no good airlines...
After this morning, I decided I had to add another one..
26) Having to dial an area code to call your next door neighbor! Why couldn't they have just divided things geographically? I am so bugged about always having to dial an area code now!!!
What about you? What gets your panties in a knot?