Thursday, June 19, 2008

A Penny For Your Phone?


How would you like to get a $300 cell phone for just a penny? I did. It's not a joke. It's a huge promotion on Amazon.com. They're having a mega sale on a bunch of the really cool, really expensive phones. Some of them are only $.01. In fact, mine will end up making me $50 after the rebate! So really, I got paid to buy my new phone.

The catch? You have to either be an AT&T customer and extend your contract or you have to switch to AT&T. Since I was already an AT&T customer, I just extended my contract and got the phone I bought for $300 two weeks ago (and returned yesterday because of this sale) for free, well for -$50. Sweet huh? Gotta love Amazon.

Pass it on!

7 comments:

Notme said...

Wow, good deal! I hate T-mobile, but we just extended my contract to get a new phone. Bummer! What phone did you get?

Christie said...

Nice - too bad I'm with Verizon

Mindi said...

i luuuuuuv new phones. i want one, and i already have one. how's THAT for greed??

i hate sprint suckity sprint. how do i change without them crucifying me??

Megan said...

I have AT&T. What do I need to do? Do you have AT&T already? Did you call them first? Let me know, it's a great deal!!

Chelsea said...

That's great! I'm with AT&T, off to check it out!

Omgirl said...

Mindi, the only way to switch w/o getting crucified by your current company is to stop buying new phones from them! If sprint is like AT&T, you have to renew your contract every time you get a new phone. So you have to let your contract expire in order to switch, and that means living with your current phone until the contract runs out. HARD!

Megan/Chelsea, Amazon will verify that you qualify for the promotion after you purchase the new phone. If you dont', they will just refund your $. Or they have a number you can call (somewhere on the web page with the phones on it) you can call to ask them if you qualify.

Mia said...

I have a phone that I love, but I have told everyone else about this deal, amazing!