Sunday, January 6, 2008

Bring It On!






Tomorrow begins the Biggest Loser 3 competition. I'm not talking about the one on TV. No, my friend Tiburon started a local version for our friends and friends of theirs last spring. We all put in $20. It went for 3 months, the person who won the biggest % of weight won the pot. Although I gave Tib a run for her money and was in 2nd place until the last weigh-in, she still kept ahead of me and won. But I felt great, having lost 18 lbs. I skipped out on the Biggest Loser 2 because after losing 18 lbs and weighing less than I had for 5 years, I just didn't have the motivation to keep going. But now I've gained back quite a few of those 18 lbs, so I'm ready for round 3. This time the ante was $25 and with a bunch more people participating, the pot looks like it's up around $600! That would be a sweet pot to win. And even if I don't' win (I've got a lot more competition this time and people are really motivated after the holiday eating extravaganza), I still will be happy to just lose some of this weight, tone my body, and start eating healthier again.

So, starting tomorrow, I'm back on Weight Watchers. I also have my work-out schedule tentatively laid out: Monday morning is a step aerobics class at the gym, Tuesday night is power yoga, Wednesday is no gym (maybe I'll do some Dance Dance Revolution at home if I'm in the mood), Thursday night is power yoga again, and Friday morning is power pump (a combination of step and weights). That one might kick my butt too much, so maybe I'll switch that day to just doing weights. At any rate, Kelly is being super supportive and is going to put the kids to bed the nights that I have power yoga. And if I can get my butt out of bed on time and get the kids ready for my morning classes, I should be able to get a good work-out routine going.

I'm really excited about this. It's going to be tough. I've been eating badly for at least a month--daily Cokes, dessert whenever I feel like it, even occasional fast food--but I feel so ready. I don't like when I don't take care of my body. And even at my lowest weight after Biggest Loser 1, I still needed toning. So I want to work hard and get back into shape. I'm really scared about the caffeine and sugar cravings I'm going to have. And I'm really afraid that the work-outs will kill me or that I'll be miserable doing them and dread going. But the $600 dangling in front of me like a carrot (OK, like a Coke) helps. And Kelly's support helps. And my "before" pictures of myself in a bikini REALLY help. So...wish me luck! And please, don't offer me any sweets for 3 more months!
And maybe if you're really lucky, I'll post my before and after pictures at the end.

1 comment:

alex dumas said...

You have pictures of yourself in a bikini?