Friday, January 18, 2008

Freaking stupid body!


I had a very frustrating weigh-in today. After pretty much starving myself all week AND working out three times, I ended up losing, drumroll please... a whopping 0.6 lbs. After all that? Yes. And I was in 23rd place out of 25 people in the Biggest Loser competition I'm in. Also, Kelly lost another 4 lbs (yeah, Kelly! Boo, me.) Well, the whole thing threw me into a tailspin and I decided to have a little pity party, myself as the guest of honor. So I ate pancakes with butter and syrup for breakfast. At lunch I was still mad, so I ate two servings of my diet quesadilla instead of one (aren't I such a rebel). And now I'm drinking a REAL Coke (ahh, heaven). But there is method to my madness. See, I think I really WAS starving myself. I think I lowered my caloric intake by so much (I wasn't even meeting my alloted Weight Watchers points some days and wasn't using hardly any of my weekly flex points) and burned so many calories by starting an aggressive exercise program that it literally switched my body into a starvation mode where it began to hoard every calorie as fat for the lean times ahead. SO.....I'm going to back off on the exercise this week--maybe only yoga and no aerobic exercise--and definitely meet my daily points and probably go over (using my flex points). That way my body will calm down a bit and not think I'm going anorexic anymore. If that works, I'll slowly start bringing in more exercise. I can't say I'm sad about the prospect of eating more--I was so hungry this last week! But this BETTER work! I may not be much of a shoe-in for winning the whole contest but I at least want to hit my own personal goal of 120 lbs. Wish me luck!
(Mmmmmm....those pancakes sure were good. I need to get pissed about my weight more often!)

4 comments:

Christie said...

Mmmmmm pancakes.

Seriously, don't be so hard on yourself. When I started exercising, I actually gained weight. Really too, the healthiest way to lose weight is 1-2 pounds a week. And rounded up, 0.6 really is a pound. So you're right where you should be.

Chelsea said...

You are doing great Arianne! The downside of a BL competition is that losing too much too fast really isn't great for you (unless you're dangerously overweight, which you definitely are not!) I bet you anything you are putting on muscle from your great workouts.

Chelsea said...

Oh, and don't you HATE how men can lose weight so easily? It's so not fair! All because they have those muscles.

alex dumas said...

120! You must be short.