Monday, January 21, 2008

The Chopping Block


Well, I chopped my hair! I have had basically the same haircut for about 6 years. Maybe longer. It gets slightly shorter and slightly longer, but that's about the only change. So when I went to the salon on Saturday and she asked, "How do you want it cut?" I opted for a change. I had seen Victoria Beckham on Ellen a few weeks back and loved her A-line bob. So that's what I told my beautician. She did a great job. I love it! It did turn out a titch shorter than I had pictured it (or perhaps just not as A-line), but I still like it. And I don't always have to put my hair up now to get it out of my face because this haircut pretty much stays out of my face already. Win-win! Daphne did look at me a little strangely when I walked in the door. She just kept looking and looking like, "Something's not right, but I don't now what it is." Now she's adjusted though. I have to say, though, that I'm surprised how few people said anything to me about it at church. To me it's a drastically different haircut, one I haven't had in years. So I thought everyone would comment on it. But some of my good friends talked to me and didn't say a word. I guess it's always more dramatic a change for you than for everyone else.
Other news: Well, after my horrible 1/2 lb weight loss on Friday, I decided to take it easy on the diet over the weekend. I didn't go butt crazy or anything, but I did eat quite a few things I would never have eaten before the weigh-in, including a whole cup of peanut M&M's (at least 8 points), two cheesy breadsticks (probably 10 points), creme brulee (8 points), 1/4 of a chocolate cookie sandwich, and, get this, a Carl's Jr. Grilled Chicken Burrito,which I thought would be a pretty harmless thing but which I later discovered was a whopping 24 POINTS! I only ate 3/4 of it, though, so 18 points. Man! I felt horrible for letting go so much over the weekend. I had intended to let up on the strictness of my points watching a little, but maybe not that much. So this morning when I weighed myself I was hoping to not have gained more than 1 1/2 lbs. and guess what....I LOST 1 LB!!! It totally blew my mind. But I guess it proves my theory true--that my body thought I was starving. But once it realized that calories were coming in again, it let go of that weight. So now I just have to ride that weight-loss wave all week by keeping more closely to my points. Not Nazi-crazy like last week, but no more little binges like this weekend. So far so good today. Only 4.5 points for breakfast and 4 points for lunch. 2 points for a mid-morning snack. I'm right on target.
Final news: Beck is getting 3 teeth! His two top molars are coming through and the top tooth next to his front two is coming in. Poor guy. I think he must be in pain because he has been waking up at 7am for the last few days instead of 8-8:30am. It's killing me! But I'm hoping it will pass as soon as those teeth get through. It's funny, Beck already has 7 teeth at 13 months old. Daphne didn't have a single tooth until 16 months old!

6 comments:

Kristine said...

I think your hair looks GREAT!!! I'm surprised people didn't notice too! I think it's a very drastic change!

Chelsea said...

Your haircut looks GORGEOUS! I love it, it suits you perfectly.

Great news on being down a pound after a "splurge" weekend! Woohoo!

Christie said...

I love that haircut on you! ANd WTG on the weight loss. Out bodies are so funny, huh.

tiburon said...

We both got our hair whacked on Saturday - you look great! Love it. Nobody really noticed mine at church either. Great job on the loss too :)

Hildie said...

Maybe you should dye it auburn and change your name to Jennie.

alex dumas said...

That's a good haircut on you. But I like it darker.