Monday, August 1, 2011

Visiting Florida, Metaphorically Speaking




I'm in South Beach! No, not this kind. Not even the white sand beach in Florida kind. I wish. It would be a lot more fun than the South Beach DIET, which is what I'm really visiting. But the sad fact is that any and all baby-weight loss that was going to happen on its own stopped long ago, and now it's sliding back uphill. It has left me about 23 lbs heavier than I was pre-baby. WAH. So I'm going to have to buckle down and start doing something about it.

If you have read my blog, you'll know that I did the HCG diet last summer. It was very successful. I got down to my college weight (i.e. my super mega dream weight), and I felt fantastic! But the HCG diet was brutal. Really brutal. I-want-to-die-just-thinking-about-it brutal. So clearly I don't want to have to do it again unless it's an absolute last resort. I thought about (and actually signed up for) Weight Watchers 6 weeks ago, but either my pregnancy hormones were messing with me or it just wasn't enough of a diet because I lost no weight in that time. So I thought I'd try something new--The South Beach Diet.

I was a little worried about posting my progress with a new diet on my blog. I don't want to come off as a wacky, repetitive crash dieter or anything. But the fact is, I need somewhere to document my progress and to force myself to be accountable. And last time I did that with the HCG diet, it really helped me to be able to post what I was eating, how I was feeling, and how well it was working. I even got a few people respond with their experiences, which helped a ton too. So if you don't like reading about me dieting (those 3 of you left who still read my blog), I'm sorry. I'll try to post a few other things to keep you all from completely abandoning me. But if you have comments, questions, thoughts, support, or know someone who is in the same boat/has experience with this diet, please chime in, send them over, or just give me a WOOT should I actually happen to shave an inch or two off my gut.

Here goes...South Beach or bust!

5 comments:

Financial Aid for College said...

Good luck on the diet. It took exactly 1 year and 9 months for me to loose the 50 lbs I gained with your baby brother, but with iron self control I succeeded. You will too! What's the South Beach diet about?

Financial Aid for College said...

And, incidentally, that awful man in the green thong that looks like it is making him a soprano, is the most uncomfortably ghastly picture I ever saw!

Mrs. O said...

You can do it! I'm about to try the 17 day diet for these stubborn 10 pounds that always creep back on. It seems a lot easier to follow. HCG is indeed brutal.

Mindi said...

WOOT! WOOT! still reading.

Bjorge Queen said...

I'm seriously considering pulling the South Beach Diet book off the shelf and giving it a go.
If I could look like Borat in a speedo by winter, well, that would just be gravy.
High Five!
(I could totally get down with salads with as much salad dressing as I want.)