Sunday, August 7, 2011

South Beach Day 4

I have to say, this diet is getting easier. I'm getting more used to what I can and can't eat. I'm feeling less and less hungry. And I miss carbs so much less now. Yes, I'd still like a nice big slice of chocolate cake every day. But I don't crave it. And I don't miss carbs at lunch and dinner so much. I even went to a party last night where there were plates filled with fresh fruit, cookies, candy, and fresh salsa with chips and I didn't have any of it! I did, however, eat quite a few chunks from the cheese plate. Thank goodness for cheese. ( I also may or may not have had a dream about making out with a gooey chocolate chunk cookie. Allegedly.)

Really the only hard time for me is breakfast, like I've said. It's when I do my best job of loading carbs directly onto my hips. But I am trying a recipe today that may help. Have you ever had those Greek spinach pies (spinakopita)? It's a recipe for those with no phyllo dough. I got the recipe here. I put mine in muffin tins so I could heat up a couple for breakfast (it made 11 spinach pie muffins).

Here's what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs + 2 slices of turkey bacon. 1/2 cup 1% milk.
Snack: Peanut Butter Eggnog (no egg. My stomach felt too off for a raw egg.)
Lunch: 6 oz broiled Dijon salmon, steamed lemon spinach
Dinner: Cobb Salad + 8 squares of various cheeses
Snack: Celery with Laughing Cow Cheese on it


How It Went: I think I was still feeling the effects of the stomach flu, so I wasn't terribly hungry yesterday and nothing really sounded that appetizing. So eating minimally was pretty easy.

Result: 0.2 lbs gain. :( I can't say I'm completely surprised. I got very dehydrated from that stomach bug, so I think my body has been trying to recoup all liquids for the last two days. BUT...if I'm not losing weight again by tomorrow, I'm going to be very sad. No, pissed. Pissed is more the right word.

No comments: