Saturday, July 25, 2009

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Leave The Markers Out

There must be something in the air in July. Because this time last year this happened:



Only last year the artist was Daphne. Beck has never really been one for drawing, thank goodness...

Until now:



He even remembered to get the back of his neck. Lovely.
And although I can appreciate the more complex design and use of color compared to last year's masterpiece, I think the markers are all going to be sentenced to marker jail for a few more months.


.

9 comments:

Sara said...

O the joys of motherhood! Can't wait to see what's next.

Financial Aid for College said...

Lovely artwork!

Lucky me! We didn't HAVE children's markers when you were a child. But there were permanent Magic Markers which we tried NEVER to leave out, but which your sister found and scribbled all over the new, unstained panneling at the back of our Southfield house. It's probably still there 30 years later. PLUS she painted with a brush and plain water all over her own unstained door. When the stain was applied, her artwork sprang to life!

But you were perfect, sweet Arianne. At least I don't remember you ever marking anything up. Hmmmmm. I do remember you sneaking out your window to go meet boys at age 12. (I think I prefer the markers)

Omgirl said...

Um, I was 15, not 12. And I snuck IN, not out, of Jennie's window, not mine (which is on the second floor you might remember). And I snuck out once, for homecoming, not to meet boys. AND you don't remember it...I told you about it a couple of years ago! Nice try, Mom.

rychelle said...

i see a future tattoo artist in the works. ;)

Vanessa said...

Damnit.

mCat said...

That sucks - hopefully they were washable?? My oldest once got a black sharpie and got not only himself, but the walls, the couch and the cat. Shame on me for trying to take a shower!! : )

Shawn said...

Glad mine only drew on the walls----heh, heh.

tiburon said...

Geez - what is it with kids and pens?!?!

It has to be learned.

Nicki said...

Avery was banned from pens of any sort at this same age - her favorite was drawing on her toes.