Are you as blank when it comes to blog topics as I am? Then maybe you'll give in and do a quick-and-painless blog tag. Seven simple questions. All food related. couldn't be easier. You're it.
Food Network's got a series of specials. Their chefs describe the best thing they ever ate. What about you? What's the best thing you ever ate? Here are some of the Food Network categories.
1. Best thing ever
2. Best thing totally fried
3. Best BBQ
4. Best thing with bacon
5. Best sugar rush
6. Best pizza
7. Your obsession
1. Best thing ever: The braised beef shortrib on polenta with fresh horseradish sauce. From Pizzeria 712. If they ever stop serving it, I will immediately lose all desire to live and throw myself in front of a train.
2. Best thing totally fried: Scones. Nothing beats my mom's fresh scones rolled in cinnamon, dripping with honey, smothered in jam. MMMMMmmmmm....
3. Best BBQ: I think the best BBQ I've ever had is probably the ribs at Texas Roadhouse. MELT IN YOUR MOUTH.
4. Best thing with bacon: I have to go with the roasted squash and bacon pizza from Pizzeria 712. DIVINE. Also, GONE. Dagnabbit.
5. Best sugar rush: Best sugar rush for sure is the Paradise Pie at Chilis. I hate Chilis. And that pie has 1500 calories. But seriously, to die for.
6. Best pizza: See number 4. But I also, strangely, truly appreciate a meat lovers pan-crust pizza from Pizza Hut. Sad, I know.
7. My Obsession: I think it's pretty safe to say, since 3 of my answers are from Pizzeria 712, that it must be my obsession. Well, that and baked goods, of course. NY style cheesecake goes without saying.