Sunday, June 8, 2008

The Dreaded Call



Today at 9:30am, after I had showered but LONG before I was presentable, we got The Dreaded Call....the ward Executive Secretary call. The one where they want BOTH you and your husband to meet with the bishop, ASAP. CRAPITY CRAP CRAP! That can only mean one thing....someone s getting a new calling. Big Daddy is already #2 in the Elder's Quorum Presidency, so it was unlikely that they were calling him to something else. I currently have two callings--neither one major--so that could mean they were going to release me and call me to something else. But in order to go through all that trouble, it would have to be a pretty major calling. TRIPLE CRAPITY CRAP! And we were supposed to be there in 40 minutes.

It takes me about 45 minutes to blow dry and straighten my hair. Then add 10 minutes for make up and 5 minutes trying on, discarding, and then trying on several church outfits. That meant I had approximately -20 minutes to get ready. CRAAAAAAAP!

But as it turned out, we were only asked to speak in church next week. WHEW. Yes, I consider that a serious dodging of a bullet. I know, I'm a freak because I actually like to speak in church (It's the teacher in me. Plus, I have a great talk already planned in my head about how crappy our ward is. Should be great.) , but mostly I'm just thrilled that I didn't just get called to be the Young Women's President or the Primary Music Leader. See, paying your tithing pays off!

6 comments:

Christie said...

I actually like speaking in church too - and I could probably give a similar talk (on the crappy ward). Hope your talk goes well.

tiburon said...

Phew! You dodged a bullet :)

CoLiE-O said...

weirdo. speaking in church gives me the scoots for days. cant do it. i would rather be camp director than speak :)

Mia said...

I don't mind speaking in church either, but I don't like it enough to be one of those people who actually volunteer. Glad you dodged the bullet ;)

Chelsea said...

Shew! I recently dodged a bullet too, it really makes you appreciate what you have. :D

alex dumas said...

It's weird that they went to the trouble of calling you to come to the bishop's office just to ask you to give a talk. Seems like a simple phone call would have been sufficient.