Friday, April 4, 2008

Sick In the Morning...



My mom used to say this to us as kids when we thought we wanted to stay home sick from school:

Sick in the morning,
Sick all day.
Too sick for work is
Too sick for play.

In other words, if we stayed home from school, we had to stay in bed all day. No getting up and doing other stuff. Food only in bed. No interaction with other human beings. Just laying around in bed all day.

Sounds perfect right now. Can someone please enforce this rule on me?

I have the flu. Not the pukey kind; the achy, miserable, it-feels-like-I-slept-on-a-bed-of-sharp-rocks-last-night kind. The kind where the back of my eyes hurt, my teeth hurt, my skin all over feels like hot irons are being applied to it, and it feels like I've been punched in both kidneys. Hard. UGH. And to make matters worse--or at least uglier--I have some sort of an infection in my left eye that has made my under-eye all puffy on that on side. Like Yzma on The Emperor's New Groove.

So to cheer myself up, I'm going to check all your blogs for wedding dress pictures. They are there, right? You wouldn't want to let a girl on her deathbed down.

8 comments:

Chelsea said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry you got it. I hope you can get as much rest as you need.

I'm working on my wedding dress post right now! :) I'm having issues with the pictures, but hopefully it will b done soon.

CaraDee said...

Poor poor little Arianne. What can I bring you??? Me is enough? I'm on my way. Nice picture...

CaraDee said...

Oh, and with Cam, I will let him tell me he's sick in the morning. Like, I really don't want him puking at school or something, but if an hour later, he's all playing with Eamon, I make him walk to school. I'm like that yo. When he's older, and more than likely lying, I'll detect it and pull out this little rhyme.

Kristine said...

Sick sick sick! Yuck! I am so sorry :(

tiburon said...

Ick! I hope you feel better soon!

Oh, and I got tagged for another dress post and had already posted my wedding dress for that... :(

Erica said...

I hope you feel better soon!

Jeanette said...

Sorry to hear that you are ill. I hope it doesn't last long and that you get some help. I will work on my wedding dress blog too, but since you were with me when i found it you probably know the story. Have a better day tomorrow.Love ya.

alex dumas said...

Didn't you just have the flu a month before this post? What's with the immune system?