Sunday, December 20, 2009

Random December

1) Remember how some Japanese people kept trying to comment on my blog? In Japanese? On the same post? Well, I put the kabosh on that with my jedi word verification mind trick. Guess what? No more Japanese spam! But then today I got a Chinese one. Different post. Same irritation. And somehow they managed to get through my super special word barriers. I thought the Japanese were supposed to be more tech savy. Hmmmm...

2) I decided to treat myself to a new swimsuit after tragically losing my very favorite, very expensive, almost brand new Modbe suit. (WAH.) The new one I ordered got here and was too small. ARG. So I sent it back for an exchange. Today I got an email that they are now sold out of that suit. DAGNABIT! After nearly an hour of searching online I found it online at one other site. YEAH! For $15 more. DAMMITALLTOHELL!

Lost Suit:

New Suit:

3) I got asked to co-teach the sunbeams class at church (4 year olds) for the rest of the year. Their old teacher(s) had a baby a few weeks ago. So they asked me. This way they don't have to get a new teacher for them until the class moves on in January and a new group comes in. Other people's four year olds PLUS my four year old for 2 hours every Sunday is pretty much the inner circle of hell for me. Fortunately, they called the new teachers early so I'm done now. Whew. BUT...

4) I also got released from my previous church calling (visiting teaching coordinator, highly recommend it) and asked to be.....drumroll....the cubscouts Wolf Den leader. Yikes. But seriously, after teaching Sunbeams for 4 weeks, I honestly feel like cub scouts isn't going to be that bad. Ironically, if you'd asked me how I would have felt about scouts 5 weeks ago, I would have said it was the worst calling you could give me. Now, thanks to the Sunbeams, I know it's not. See, God does work in mysterious ways.

5) I finished my Christmas shopping on Saturday. It felt SO good to be done. Now the wrapping begins...

6) I'm going to St. Thomas with some girlfriends in February. I'm super super super excited about it. Anyone been to St. Thomas who wants to recommend anything to do, see, or eat while I'm there?

7) I have an eye ulcer. What is an eye ulcer, you ask? Don't ask me. My opthamologist didn't see fit to share that kind of trivial information with me. But I can tell you this: It involves serious amounts of pain. Imagine a tiny knife point poking your eyeball every time you blink. Yeah, like that. Also, extreme sensitivity to light. And since I can't wear my contacts while it's healing, I am wearing glasses, which means no sunglasses. It's like having the high beams pointed directly into my eyes whenever I go outside. And that brings on headaches. And the combination of the three--pain, light sensitivity, and headaches--makes a girl very very tired. Like narcolepsy tired. I've found myself walking around the house with my eyes closed quite a lot lately because I literally can't keep my eyes open. I try to feel my way around, but I bump into stuff pretty often. Driving with your eyes closed is a little more difficult, by the way. Harder to feel your way.

8) If you watched Survivor this season, you'll understand me when I say that anyone was better than Evil Russell winning. Even one of those two milquetoasts.

9) Milquetoast is such a great word to say.

10) Milk toast is not that great to eat.

11) I cleaned out my kitchen accoutrements drawer the other day. Emptied it, washed it, organized and refilled it. It was awesome. And the best part is knowing that my destructive baby boy is finally not interested in dumping that drawer out every single day. It might actually stay looking this nice!

12) If you speak FF, you'll understand when I say: 6 months of TTC, frequent BD with DH, excellent EWCM, good OPKs and finding O with the BBT, with no +HPT just BFNs and no DD or DS on the way means the RE says I need an HSG and lap. Going in next week. BLAH.

13) I forgot to get my trash, my very overfull trash, out on time last week. And I knew there was no way we were going to make it to the next trash day with all the Christmas prep. So I called them. And they came and got it later that day. So even though I badmouthed you, trash company, because you left my tipped over trash can sitting there on the side of the road instead of geting off your lazy butts and picking it up, you have redeemed yourself. You are forgiven. For now. (I fully reserve the right to swear at you again if you leave my trash can tipped over again, though.)

14) I seriously love my Christmas tree. Every time I see it all lit up, I smile and feel happy. I might just leave it up until spring.

15) I bought a new toaster last year. I picked it primarily because it was a cool retro design and it was red, to match my kitchen. It's not that good of a toaster though. And it has gradually gotten worse. The dial goes from 1-7. And lately 1 is raw and 2 is burnt. Why do they bother making all the other numbers???

16) Ok, the laundry strewn all over my room is guilting me into finishing this up. If we don't speak before Friday, have a very Happy Christmas.

24 comments:

alex dumas said...

I still adore you, even though I don't comment on everything.

Aimee said...

You're probably way tougher than I am, but I had 2 HSGs... during the 1st one, I passed out. So it had to be repeated... :( But the 2nd time - IV sedation. Didn't feel a thing! I highly recommend it! Good luck to you - TTC drama sucks.

Kristina P. said...

I HATED Russell in the beginning. But honestly, he should have won. He really played the most strategic game in the history of Survivor. He was my guy at the end. Stupid Natalie.

rychelle said...

Merry Christmas!

Hildie said...

ABout #12--you haven't mentioned it for so long, I thought you had a BFP but were just waiting to surprise us at Christmas. No such luck. Bummer.

We missed our garbage day because I forgot to pay the bill. So I called and gave them my credit card number and the lady told the driver to come back and get my trash. Not too shabby!

Jen said...

Ok so #12 sucks all the way around, so sorry, I completly understand. If you want to talk call me sometime! For real! Awesome about your shopping I need to wrap still, but I'm done besides that. It's good that they made up for there mistakes, the trash people that is.

Alyssa said...

I've never had an eye ulcer (I don't think) but I know exactly what you are talking about with the inability to keep your eyes open due to pain, headache and bright lights. This has happened to me a few times and it freaks me out!!

Kay said...

Be very careful with your eye while healing. Don't wear your contacts early either. Eye ulcers are not one of those problems you can ignore. Just like a stomach ulcer. They can be really serious, and can have major complications. (Like loss of vision.)
I do find it interesting that you said you don't really know what an eye ulcer is except it's really painful. I know what they are, things that cause them (sometimes just wearing contacts can cause them, sometimes it's caused by improper wearing. sometimes it just happens for other reasons.)

Kay said...

and for #12... Good LUCK!

Financial Aid for College said...

Your mother seems to be the only person who doesn't understand #12.

And I was really impressed by your Sunbeams paragraph juxtiposed with the last word of the previous paragraph. Would I like you teaching MY Sunbeam? (Jesus WOULDN'T want him!)

Unknown said...

I cant believe Russel didn't win. I hated him but I was mucho impressed at the same time. He was visibly upset at the reunion. I bet he cried himself to sleep last night.

Koreena said...

Super cute new swimsuit! Sorry to hear about number 12. :( Hope things go well next week.

Andy said...

hi you there

Joy said...

Nice post, keep posting

mCat said...

I have NO idea what the hell you are talking about with #12, but that's okay. I trust it's very exciting.

Scouts would cause me to apostasize. For reals.

Vanessa said...

Ditto to Melissa. Maybe my daughter can translate.

Like the new suit!

Plain Jame said...

OK, so in my jackofmany-trades jobs, I worked for an eye doc so I know what the ulceration is. It's from the eyeball not getting enough oxygen so the blood vessels starved of oxygen grow to the front until they finally grow right out the front of the lining of the eyeball. Thus the stabbing pain. It's awful! I hope it heals fast for you, I'm sure your doc will try to prescribe a different contact in the future (or you could get lasik!)

Anyways, I am guessing that #12 is reproductive issues and I'm sorry you're dealing with it if so. When I took medical terminology an HSG is a hysterosalpingogram. Is that right? I've had 2 laparoscopies because I have endometriosis really bad. It sucks rocks and I hope your work pays off soon...

Good work on the vacay in February! That sounds so much fun! I wanted to heed your advice and see cancun, but it was way too rich for our blood even with the great deals.
I dont watch survivor but I love kitchen appliances so congrats on the new addition of a toaster!

Cook Family said...

I love your blog, it always makes me laugh.
I can't believe you are ordering a swimsuit in December! Have fun on your trip.
I'm up for any calling right now. I've been a secretary for the last few years.
I'm finished with Christmas shopping and wrapped, and now the kids won't leave the presents alone!
As far as speaking FF. I do. So sorry, I hope all goes well. Sometimes people have a hard time understanding. One day at a time :)

Mrs. O said...

Both those suits = very cute. Hope all goes well with #12. Happy Christmas.

Anonymous said...

For some reason my long comment didn't appear. So, here we go again.

1.It's nice to know you aren't prejudiced against the Asians. I have a friend from Japan who married a Chinese girl. They're really not too bad.

2. First swim suit is cuter. Hopefully the second one fits. Or not, if you want to get another one.

3. I liked Sunbeams because it meant a 5 minute lesson and 45 minutes of playing and coloring. Easy peasy.

Mia said...

I don't mind sunbeams for the same reason as Andre... snacks and coloring at church totally works for me. Your vacations sounds super! Enjoy the sun when the rest of us are freezing. So sorry about the stresses of TTC. I really really hope that it all works and of course sooner rather than later. Merry Christmas.

kado! said...

Oh...now I can seriously say that I sympathise with you on the eye drama! I'm so sorry you are in pain! I do not have an eye tumor but eye problems are nothing new to me. Since I was in that horrible car accident I have had too many trips to the ophthalmologist. I have many eyelashes that now grow directly into my eyeball...when they are too tiny to pluck out they are SO painful when I blink...like a tiny knife dragging along my eye-bal each blink! AGH! ...and now I've been having these crazy flashes of light...so the last visit to my ophthalmologist he told me that probably sometime in the near future my retina is going to detach...and there is nothing I can do about it until it happens..then I have to rush in so they can fix it! Fun news huh! So I hope you are feeling better now...off to read your most current blog post!

Hope you had a WONDERFUL Christmas too!

kado! said...

did i just mess up...why did my comment not post....maybe you have your comments set up for moderation? hmm...

Shawn said...

I need to clean my kitchen drawers out---thanks, now I'm depressed...