Saturday, February 28, 2009

The Pot and the Kettle

I have a tatt. As in tatt oo. I should get that out of the way right now so this story will display the proper amount of irony.

Daphne recently discovered commercials. Either she’s only been watching DVR’ed shows her whole life up until now, or she finally just put two and two together and realized that commercials are showing her things she can BUY. Because for the last few days, she will frantically call me to the TV room and then show me something she just HAS to have. Today it was Barbie tattoos. I only caught the very end of the commercial, so I’m not sure if the tattoos were for Barbie or Barbie’s handler. But I informed Daphne that we wouldn’t be getting her any Barbie tattoos. “Why not?” she wondered. “Because,” I stalled, “Um, tattoos are naughty.”

“They’re not naughty,” she responded defiantly, “they’re beautiful!”

Touche, my dear child. Touche.

5 comments:

Kay said...

You're going to have lots of fun now. She's going to start repeating commercials word for word on the things she just has to have.

Kristina P. said...

You are such an enigma to me! From the outside, you appear to be this sweet, beautiful mommy, but you are really this fiery sexpot!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love it when they call you out at their young age! It's one of my nsf (not so favorites).

mCat said...

I freaking want a Tatt SO BAD!! I have it all planned out. It will be little and simple, and very tasteful. No tramp stamp for me!

Anonymous said...

Mason loves tattoos, too. Every time he gets a temporary dinosaur tattoo he has to put it in the same place on his body where I have my permanent tattoo. He keeps asking when he can get one that doesn't wash away.