Monday, February 23, 2009

Pick A Little, Talk A Little

Oh, I should probably mention the biggest get-together of women with more time and wit on their hands than real life friends: A blogger lunch! Men (i.e. my husband) think it's crazy to make friends with complete strangers online, tell them all your innermost thoughts, and then actually meet up with said strangers in a public setting to tell still more of your innermost thoughts. Well, I think playing basketball with a bunch of strangers at 5:30 am and slapping each other's butts is strange. So there.

Anyhoo, here are some of the delightful people I met at the blunch on Saturday...

The lovely and talented Kristine P., who hosted this blessed event, Amber, who I met for the first time. HILARIOUS. Moi. And my twin separated from birth except for the cheesecake thing, Melissa. Each more funny and charming than the next. Especially me. (Tiburon, where did you run off to for all these pictures

Here is a picture of me, Melissa, and Melissa's sassy new haircut.

Wendy and Shauna. Can't you see just from Wendy's expression how much fun this date was? And you should have heard the noise level in this place! Positively dizzying.


Thanks for a rockin' time, Women. Next time I think we should try to stay away from such a small group and invite a few people to come.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very jealous.

Shauna said...

I had so much fun! I would love to go another time! It was hard with that many women to talk to everyone! Wish we could have talked more! You are awesome! ♥ Hugs :)

rychelle said...

hmmmmm.....the snuggie seems to be missing in all the pics i've seen....

wish i could have been there!

Devri said...

I wish I could have gone. It sounded like a hit!

Kristina P. said...

It was so great to see you again! Thanks again for coming!

wendy said...

Ack, what a dorky photo of me!!!!!!! But it was alot of fun. Now I know where you get the name of your blog if you live in a little old pink brick house. How fun is that ---I love old houses, They hold alot of charm!! I look forward to getting to know you and your blog better.

mCat said...

As my twin seperated at birth - you sure got the looks!
What a blast, and I can't wait for another get together!!
xoxox

Sher said...

It was great to meet you! I can't believe I missed the gem that is you before now. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better on your blog!

Mia said...

So fun... just a little jealous ;)

Shawn said...

Hey! I need to know the part of the country that you are meeting in, so I can get in on the action!

I have met two of my blogging friends and love them! It is so fun to get to know them in person...

Let me know the next one,---maybe I will be in town---whatever town you are in...

You can e-mail me at swaneesinger@gmail.com...tee, hee.