Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Immoral Edward

I was looking online today for trailers for the Twilight movie, and found this gem. I'm pretty sure it's homemade. Why? There are a few irregularities. Like why is Edward wearing a Hogwarts uniform? And why is Bella's house set in a big corn field? I stressed about that one until I realized that isn't Bella's house. It's the house from The Messengers, another movie Kristen Stewart was in. And even though the person who made this video clearly used spell check, nothing beats having a person who speaks English, well, proof your subtitles before you put something on the web. Take a look. And read the text carefully....



If you didn't catch them, here are a few issues..

1)The text changes from Capitializing Each Word (:35) to not capitalizing each word (:38)

2)The highlighted circle at 1:17 to show who Edward is, in case you are completely clueless and won't figure it out during the 4 minutes of this preview.

3) 1:26 "His intelligent and amusing personality [arguable] seems to distinguish directly into her soul." Hmmmmm..they've been using the same translator as my Chinese Sign posts.

4) "In an indefinite time..." (1:37) Again, I'm not sure they know what that word means.

5) And then at 2:21, the best of all....wait for it....Edward is not immortal. He's IMMORAL! And all this time I thought he was such a good guy and took it so slow with Bella.

6) 2:49 "Their mortal vampire enemies." Do you think they intended this oxymoron? Yeah, me neither.


And almost as good, maybe better, than all the errors in this clip itself is the commentary left on youtube about the clip. For example, and I quote:

"You spelled immortal wrong, with completely tainted the meaning of that exclusive sentence."

And

"duuh. does any1 read descriptions anymore?? guess ur comment proved that psh"

And my favorite,

"Guess what everyone!!! Edward is now immoral!!! Woo, your such an idiot, how the hell can you spell immortal wrong!" I guess the same way YOU spell "you're" wrong and end a question with an exclamation point.


This is what happens when you give a 12 year old a Mac for Christmas. Hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

9 comments:

Kati Atwood said...

What the . . . .

Suzie said...

craziness on the internet for sure...




and Keats is short for Keaton. His nickname for over 14 years now!

McKell said...

Oh that was so painful!

Mia said...

Nice!

Mindi said...

"a twelve year old and a mac"--hahahahaha!
my thoughts exactly. each teenage girl thinks she's the next big mtv video director. we live in a very scary world.

but i like the thought of an IMMORAL edward......makes things a little more interesting, perhaps?

kimberlina said...

I saw a REAL trailer for Twilight the movie on a DVD we just rented (Penelope - which I loved!) and it was really good. It made me want to see the movie NOW! How funny to watch an amateur (that's putting it nicely) trailer after seeing the real thing.

Devri said...

I am not into this, but I too watched the trailer for the movie off Penelope, ( um duh I just saw the comment above mine, promise I am not copying, but now I want to see it too!! Great comment kimberlina

tiburon said...

niiiiiiiiice

alex dumas said...

It was indeed painful. Couldn't even watch it all.