Friday, May 15, 2009

Tiger, Meet Ram

.




I wouldn't say I actually believe in astrological signs. Clearly it doesn't really make sense that everyone born in a certain month is alike. Or that everyone born in a certain year, as per the Chinese astrological calendar, is alike. But I also think there could be something to the way the gravitational pull was oriented when a person was born that could have effected their cellular make up. Maybe. I'm not sure. But I find it very interesting that both my Chinese and Roman astrological signs suit me very well, while most of the other ones do not.

A few years ago, a friend of mine introduced me to a book that combines your Roman astrological sign with your Chinese astrological year. It's called The New Astrology, by Suzanne White. And it gives a really detailed profile of your personality based on the combination of these two things, Roman birthday and Chinese birth year. And guess what? It suits me almost to a T! Only one quality of the Aries/Tiger is not like me at all (that I don't stay long term with partners well. Actually, I do.) The rest could pretty much be written about me.

Here's a little snippet from the book...

"The Aries/Tiger wants excitement. But because she's Aries, she also thinks excitement may be a bit too much to ask in life. This makes her a reluctant Tiger. The ambivalence may just do the poor Aries/Tiger in. (SO true of me.)

Talented in the extreme (also SO true of me, right?. Wink.), there is nothing an Aries/Tiger cannot do. There is no chore, no craft nor enterprise too complex or difficult for this subject to excel at. Not only are Aries/Tigers skillful, but they are conscientious. So everything is open to them. Except perhaps politics. (AMEN to that!)

Politics requires a more supple and strategic approach than the Aries/Tiger wants to take. This is a direct, no-nonsense character who believes in man's basic goodness. Aries/Tiger will be sorely disappointed by scrapes with crafty brigands who commit petty crimes against law and order. To an Aries, what's right is right. There are no shortcuts. (TRUE!!!)

Not a natural subordinate, Aries Tiger is able to take orders from higher-ups, but it isn't good for the Aries/Tiger soul. This person is a true independent. Shackles are her nemesis. (Yup.)

And when the Aries/Tiger gets to feeling cramped, watch her dust! The shop gets sold, the boat given away, the dog farmed out with friends in the country and Aries/Tiger is gone. To the new world? To the old world? To sea? Forever? I warned you. (Hmmmm... five continents by age 25, I'd say that's true of me.) Aries/Tiger finds boredom intolerable. Here is the real capacity for revolutionary behavior. Aries/Tigers combine the soldierly with the fervent. They are truly warriors in life, believing passionately in freedom and justice for all. Moreover, Aries/Tigers don't mind sharing their ideals with the world." (Would you say that's true of me? Um, yaaaa. Definitely.)

So anyway, I find it fascinating, like I do with all things introspective, to read about my signs and personality and anything else that helps me define who I am. (Not daily horoscopes, though. Those things are retarded.) I can't say I actually put stock in them, but I find it interesting, none the less.

If you want to know what your Chinese/Roman sign is and maybe even a snippet about yourself, according to Suzanne White, just comment to that effect and I'll send you your info. And include your email in case... Sorry, getting bored. Got to go travel the world. Ta Ta!

12 comments:

Mia said...

Im in :) I am an Aquarius, and a Snake. You have my email right?

veronica said...

I went to her website and read a little bit. Very interesting! I am a Virgo-Tiger. Fits me pretty well. I married a Leo-Rooster. Says right in there, "He is bossy as hell". Ha! I think I'll share this with him.

Nicki said...

I want to know - I'm a Cancer/Monkey :)

Tiffany said...

So fascinating! (Glad you're feeling better, by the way.) I'd love to know why I'm insane. I'm an Aquarius Snake!

Devri said...

I will have to travel on over to find out mine..glad you are feeling better too!

Financial Aid for College said...

What a DISAPPOINTMENT! I thought you were going to tell us that your genius 4 year old drew that tiger/ram, and I was going to be SO impressed!

As for me, I'll gladly blame my personality on my pre-mortal spirit, combined with my genetic makeup (unfortunate in spots), and my parental nurturing, (pretty good on the whole). From there, my mortal proclivities have sculpted it to it's present weirdness.

Shawn said...

Longest snippet in history! But I'm a Gemini---no surprise there, and my daughter is obsessed with this stuff, so she did a reading for me....

Weirdly accurate, I might add.

Jeanette said...

I believe I am a Libra tiger. You know me well so let me know what it says.

tiburon said...

Mine are usually pretty accurate. I am a Sagittarius.

Anonymous said...

I usually just ask Mason what's in the stars for me and he's often right. Most of the time it involves him telling me I want to play a video game with him. Sometimes he says that I want to get three kisses and two hugs from him (the hugs all have names, like a transformers hug or a google-dee-gah hug).

Luvlade said...

I am a tiger/aries just like you :) but many has told me that tiger/aries has a hot temper... like easily burst in flame... and that you tend to get mad easily too. I wonder if there's any good part about a tiger/aries :)

Anonymous said...

I'm an Aries/Tiger so I can't help being rebelling so I can rebel from my sign and take all the character that I want to be from all the signs and become powerful...on the light side of course. Tigers are geniuses after all.