Sunday, July 12, 2009

I Heart My Bed

The family came, saw and conquered.

We rocked out, we dance-danced, we boomed blox, we swam, we ate (a lot), we stayed up late, we chatted, we went to the dinosaur museum, the fish museum, and the farm. Mostly we stayed up late and had a LOT of kids running round us at all times.

I am tired.

Dog tired.

Dead tired.

Put them together, and I am Dead Dog Tired.

What does that call for? Several days of naps. I love naps. I don't get them nearly often enough. But after the huge lack of sleep lately, I am going to have to rearrange my schedule to work naps into every late morning and early evening for at least the next 5 weeks. Priorities!

So my question is, are you a napper? Can you lay down in the daytime and crash out? Or are you one of those go-go-go types who only sleeps at night? Do tell. I'll read your responses after I have logged at least 16 hours of nap time.


Zzzzzzzz.....


p.s. I saw a dead beaver on the side of the road in town today. It was the size of a large pig. HUGE. I've never seen a beaver before. Now a very large dead one right in town. Is it morbid that I pulled over to take a picture? (Don't get your hopes up. My camera battery was dead.)

17 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love naps. Now that I work at 4, I take a nap everyday. I would rather get up early and take a nap, rather than sleep in.

Just SO said...

I take naps at every possible opportunity. Lately my body has been demanding one right around 1 or 2 pm and I have to give in. I like it in some ways in others it's very frustrating.

I hope you get all the naps that you crave.

And I probably would have stopped to take a picture as well. Although I have been informed that when the animals are dead and left like that their bodies bloat and swell to more than usual size. I had no idea.

mCat said...

Naps and me are like this: (picture two fingers wound together).

And family time is fun time!

Tiffany said...

Mmmmm naps. I just yawned. (I also just woke up.)

Anonymous said...

I would nap if I could but I never have time for one. Poor me.

Chelsea said...

I was never able to nap until after having a kid. Now I can nap whenever, wherever. Sawyer stopped napping before he turned 3, but we still have "quiet time" around 1:30 or 2:00 every day when we're home and I will often fall asleep while he's being "quiet."

Sarah said...

I love to nap but I can't do it after 2 pm or I don't sleep at night. I always wake up grumpy after naps too, so I have to work very hard on not doing that.

alex dumas said...

I reserve naps for weekends, and usually get them, even though my house is loud and requires earplugs, which I use.

Beavers are much cooler to see alive than dead, BTW. But I guess if you get to see a dead one, might as well.

Mia said...

I lo-ove naps! I take at least one or two a week. I can nap and still sleep at night, hubby not so much and I feel for him. Especially when I take one and he doesn't.

veronica said...

I love a nap! Especially on a Sunday afternoon.

Christie said...

SO, are you going to post a picture of the beaver?

Kenny and Kelli Ray said...

I love naps...I don't get to take them much since starting to work full-time again, but when I get the opportunity, I'm out! I like Saturday afternoon naps A LOT! I used to like Sunday afternoon naps, but I don't get those anymore either. BUMMER.

Sara said...

A good 20 minute nap does wonders for me, any longer and I just get grumpy!

Cook Family said...

I can sleep anytime! I love having church in the morning, so I can have a nice long nap in the afternoon.

Vanessa said...

Me likey a good nap.

Dead beavers, not so much.

Jen said...

I am so a napper! I love to nap, and usually can go to sleep at night, as long as I dont nap after 4. (except right after having Mason, and Brighton):) I hope you get lots of naps in.

tiburon said...

I heart a good nap! Glad you had an awesome visit :)