Tuesday, August 2, 2011

South Beach, Day 2

Day 2.

Breakfast: Peanut Butter Egg Nog* (This is a little thing I ate a ton growing up. It's not like the rich, decadent eggnog you have at Christmas. It's a thinner, poor man's version, made with milk, not cream. You put nutmeg in the original version, which gives it a vaguely egg-noggy taste. Or you can make the peanut butter version, which ups the protein quotient and gives it a yummy flavor. See the recipe below for my South Beach version).

Snack: Hard boiled egg (about the only way I actually enjoy eating eggs.)

Lunch: Spinach salad with spicy pecans, feta, and dried fruit. Yes, I did eat that 1 TBS of dried cranberries and pears that came with it. I thought about throwing them out, but I don't love spinach THAT much, so I guess that counts as my first cheat.

Snack: Cucumber slices with hummus. YUM! Not terribly filling, it turns out, but super delicious. Also, I ate a sugar-free fudgsicle. In case you've never tried one (and why would you...you're sane, right?) let me just say, they are only vaguely reminiscent of fudgsicles. Slight buttery taste, very slight chocolate flavor, a faint sweetness...pretty gutsy trying to pass those off as a dessert, Fake Fudgsicle People, but better than nothing at this point, I guess. How diabetics do it, I don't know.

Dinner: Chicken Cordon Blue, roasted veggies.

Desssert: South Beach Peanut Butter Cup (Which is a sugar free fudgsicle, 2 tsp lite cool whip, and a TBS natural peanut butter all stirred together until smooth. It was so delicious I literally LICKED THE BOWL.)


How It Went: Better than yesterday. No hunger headaches. I felt mildly hungry several times during the day (mostly at/after snack times, which are usually my big carb load ups), but nothing awful. And knowing I could go have another snack if I really wanted to helped me from feeling deprived and wanting to gorge on dark chocolate truffles just to show my stupid diet who's boss. (I'm not the only one who does this, right? I just hate a controlling diet, always telling me what to do!)


Result: 2.4 lbs loss!!! (Now before you get too excited, I need to add that I got the stomach flu in the very early morning hours, and by the time I weighed myself, I'd already made about 7 trips to the bathroom. So, this is not a normal weight loss.)


*South Beach Peanut Butter Egg-Nog
1 1/2 cups low fat or fat free milk
1-2 TBS natural peanut butter, depending on how peanut-buttery you like it
3 Packets Truvia
1 egg
Mix in a blender or with a hand blender until frothy.

1 comment:

Financial Aid for College said...

Girl, your PB eggnog made me both homesick and hungry!