Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Cave

I am 12 weeks along today. And I feel like I am slowly coming out of a very dark, very awful cave. Slowly. There is light up ahead. I'm not quite there yet. But I can see the light and smell a bit of fresh air.

Today was a good day. I felt good, I had enough energy to clean the whole house. I even put up a few Halloween decorations. Ya, just a tad late on that. But between the morning sickness and the flu I had last week, I just haven't felt like doing anything. ANYTHING. Getting out of bed? Barely. Put on make-up? Only the bare minimum. Cleaning? Nope. Cooking? Definitely not. Blogging? Emailing? Online shopping? Reading? All the things I usually really enjoy? No, not even those. I swear, this pregnancy has just sucked the life right out of me. Well, all pregnancies, but this one most lately.

It's funny how when you're in the midst of morning sickness and fatigue and general ickiness you can't remember what it was like before and you don't realize how bad it really is. But once you start coming out of it, you realize just how bad your quality of life has been for the last 2 1/2 months. It's a little shocking.

So I apologize to everyone--my few faithful readers, my kids, my cat, my neglected house, my friends and family, and most importantly, my wonderful sweet husband who has taken such excellent care of me during this awfulness.

Hopefully as my will to live is restored, my will to blog and read blogs will too. I've missed it. I've missed YOU. I'm going to go reacquaint myself with that little button at the top of my gmail page: READER.

See you soon....

8 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Good luck! I know how overwhelming our Reader friend can be to tackle.

just call me jo said...

Hang in there, kiddo. You're tough and can do it. We all love you no matter how dark the cave is.

bel said...

Glad you're starting to feel better. Hopefully it's all uphill from here!

Anonymous said...

I hope the feeling-betterness lasts a long time. Good luck!

Financial Aid for College said...

I wonder why becoming a mother has to be so awful? (let alone the joys and trials of BEING a mother for the next 20 years!) Why can't it be gloriously fulfilling, full of feeling GREAT! and doing things RIGHT! I'm sure there's a reason, and someday I'm going to ask God.

Sara said...

Ya just in time for the Holidays...:)

Mia said...

That first trimester is so tough! I am glad that you are feeling better. I hope that it keeps getting better from here on out.

alex dumas said...

Glad you're back.