Friday, October 23, 2009

I love the Ocean

I'm talking about Danny Ocean, not Billy Ocean, in case you're confused. And if you're still not sure who I'm talking about, you are obviously not a woman or a gay man and I feel sorry for you. Because it would be far better to be a woman or a gay man than to be anything else and not know the sheer heaven that is Ocean's Eleven, Twelve, and Thirteen.

Anyway, I figure they should probably be starting casting any time now for the love interests for Ocean's Fourteen (Please, God, say there will be an Ocean's Fourteen!) And I want to be at the top of the list. So I figured the best ways to get there are to drink more Coke Zero, blech, (and hopefully shrink my mothering hips down more to the size of a 13 year old Chinese gymnast's hips) and, of course, to learn to pick locks. I'm on it.


I give you Exhibit A.



I give you Exhibit B.



I give you Exhibit C.



Elapsed time? 28 seconds.


I think this automatically makes me a shoe-in. Those master thieves like a woman with skillz. I don't even care if they cast me to be Reuben's love interest. If I get to view Damon, Clooney, and Pitt for even 5 minutes up close, all my hard work with the Masterlock will have been worth it. It might even have been worth the Coke Zero.

Special thanks go out to Big Daddy, my own smokin' hot master thief, for hooking me up with the lock picks and the know-how. ;)

21 comments:

Lyns said...

I so wish they would do a 14!!! I heart the Ocean's movies. But sadly--with Bernie Mac dead I feel like it might just be wishful thinking...boo hiss!!

On a happier note--I'm impressed with your lock picking skillz. I will be calling on you the next time my "helpful" 3 year old locks us out of the house.

susette said...

Impressive! I was going to accuse you of just using the key and not showing that part of your post. Ha!

Jaime Haney said...

I could look at Clooney and Pitt all the day lonnnnnng. :)

Lyns: I too have a helpful 3 yr old that has locked me out (with him still inside) twice.

J.J. said...

Talk about heroes! Where would someone (interested in the greater good of society of course) pick up their own set of lock picks?

Unknown said...

Many a teen boy would give there spray Axe for the skilz you have! Very cool. as for the Ocean....we can only hope, right?

Megan said...

Very good, after you get the part will you give us a tutorial?

Mia said...

I love that you have lock picks and that you know how to use them.

Omgirl said...

Well, JJ, it appears that you practically need a masters degree just to buy lock picks. There are so many kinds! But maybe they have starter kits or something? Mine are from Southord.com. You need a tension tool, and then also a hook pick.

Financial Aid for College said...

You feel sorry that I'm not a gay man? What does being a gay man have to do with loving Oceans movies or picking locks? Call and explain - it must be X-rated.

And if I were a gay man, honey, YOU wouldn't BE here!

susette said...

Oh thanks for the heads up!! I felt so embarrassed that I couldn't remember your name so I went with the next best thing :)

RoMo said...

I think I prefer that large body of sea water that starts where the land ends.

rychelle said...

looks like oceans 14 is going to be the best yet. ;)

rae said...

This is pretty much the coolest skill ever.

Shawn said...

I'm thinking that I am impressed....

Alyssa said...

wow, impressive.

Sarah said...

THAT IS AWESOME! I have always wanted to learn how to pick locks! It just seems like such a useful skill.

Sara said...

I love that Ocean boy too! I wonder if he's single.... just kiddin. Really.

mCat said...

Impressive lock pickin. Add that to your repeptoire of really cool things that you can do.

And that Danny Ocean?......y.u.m.m.y!

kado! said...

oh...some of my favorite movies...even if they tried to ruin it for me and put Julia Roberts in there....i can get over it...Clooney and Pitt make up for it 1000 times!

...do you love the original Oceans Eleven? it is awesome! love how it's different than the newer one...love me some Sinatra!

tiburon said...

Well played.

And I will have Clooney call you. He bugs and I am tired of him stalking me.

Anonymous said...

Did you get the part? Maybe you'll need to be in your dance competition dress to convince them to cast you.