Friday, December 5, 2008

Soaps For Christmas

Well, I came about as close to losing my mind yesterday as it gets. I teetered for several hours on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I'm not sure why. You know how in a moment of major stress everything seems so looming and horrible, but then later when it has passed you can't quite remember exactly why it seemed so overwhelming? Well, that's the case exactly. All I can remember is that I didn't have my soaps done on time for the boutique, and I needed to be three diffrerent places at once--all of them across town from the others--and I just couldn't seem to prioritize and make it all work out time-wise. And also everything kept going wrong. I dumped out an entire bottle of pumpkin pie scent on my countertop. My hole-punch broke right in the middle of punching holes in the soap baggies (so you can smell the soaps through the plastic), Beck blew out of his diaper twice in an hour (what did we feed him?), he suddenly got a super runny nose that I kept having to stop and wipe...it all just seemed too much. BUT I got through it all, got my soaps to the boutique fair (3 hours late!!!), and managed to sell just enough of them to pay for my supplies. But not my time. I still have about 3 dozen left. I guess the economy is making people not shop? Because what could be more perfect for your neighbor gifts, visiting teaching gifts, teacher gifts, and stocking stuffers than adorable, individually made, wonderful smelling, totally affordable soaps? Here are a few of the ones that I have left...


FRESH LEMON


SUN-KISSED CURRANT

PEAR GLACE

PINK SUGAR DRAGONFLIES

HONEY BARS

PEPPERMINT PIG, PINK SUGAR MOUSE, DEWY CACTUS CAT, VANILLA MONKEY


PUMPKIN BREAD FALL LEAVES

GRAPEFRUIT LOAF

RIPE MANGO

YELLOW PLUMERIA, GREEN APPLE, PINK CRANBERRY-FIG

OATMEAL, MILK, & HONEY

VANILLA HAZELNUT CHRISTMAS STARSalt=""id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5276405798280642786" />


And a few dozen others. Looks like I'm giving out cleanliness this year instead of Christmas cheer. Who's in?

8 comments:

dante said...

Queres decorar tu hogar? con muy buenas pinturas? entra acá.... www.obraspinturas.blogspot.com .atendemos todas las consultas que quieras hacernos , mándame un email .
Recibimos todas las tarjetas de creditos
dprasane@gmail.com

rychelle said...

sniiiiiiiiiif.

those smell yummy!

i hate it when the economy gets so bad that people stop showering. it's a loose loose situation.

Judi said...

Those are all so gorgeous!
You have been a busy little lady haven't you?!

Koreena said...

Those look fantastic!!

Sorry yesterday didn't go as well as you had hoped.

Kristine said...

Yeah, you are getting really good at these soaps! They are beautiful! When you mentioned teacher gifts, I thought I should buy some off you for Josh's preschool teacher! Email me!

tammy said...

So do we wash with them or eat them because they look yummy!

Anonymous said...

Even before the ecomony blew out like Beck's diaper people had stopped using soap and even deodorant. If we lived closer, though, we might have fallen for your shameless plug to buy cute soaps.

Chelsea said...

Put 'em in an Etsy shop! I bet they'd get snatched up in no time. I have a bunch of leftovers from our Enrichment activity that I'm going to be giving as gifts too. :)