Wednesday, September 3, 2008

The Soundtrack For My Life

The # 1 song on the day that I was born was
Sunshine on My Shoulders - John Denver
I would say this is an appropriate song for my birth. My mother would say it should be more like "Fire in My Groin." Whatever.



The day I graduated:
"Jump" - Kris Kross
Very appropriate since I jumped out of that school and that state shortly thereafter.


The day I got married:
U Got it Bad - Usher
Ooo...I hope that isn't a bad sign.


The day Daphne was born:
"We Belong Together" - Mariah Carey
Aww, how sweet! We DO belong together!


The day Beck was born:
"I Wanna Love You " - Akon featureing Snoop Dogg.
And I did wanna love him. Good thing it wasn't too hard.


Wow, those are all so appropriate! Well....I'm not sure abot the wedding one yet. I'll get back to you on that.

Sadly, I've only ever heard two of these songs (jump and sunshine on my shoulders), but I like both of those. the other ones? Never heard of them. But Big K is downloading them right now, so that will soon be remedied.

(to find out what song was # 1 at the important times of YOUR life, click here
(Thanks, Mindi, for the link.)

p.s. Just heard that song by Akon. OH MY DIRTY! It was a horrible horrible song! So disgusting, nasty, and horrible. Did I mention horrible? It's about a stripper. and I guess my husband didn't download the edited version, because the original is not called I Want To Love You. Try the worst word you can think of in place of "love." Ya, see? Horrible.


6 comments:

Mindi said...

you welcome lady.

kris kross = GENIUS. who woulda thought they wouldn't last? ;0

the video for mariah carey's "we belong together" is AWESSSHHHHUME because wentworth miller from 'prison break' is in it. but mariah almost ruins it. too bad she actually has to be in it.

Notme said...

Ok, Lady by Kenny Rogers was the day I was born.

Landons- was the same as Daphnes.
Chayce- Lollipop by Lil wayne
wedding day- Delemma (gee I sure hope not..hehehe)

Thanks for the fun post!

Mia said...

I think this is really cute. I looked up my wedding day earlier but have already forgotten what it was. I love this post idea, may have to steal it!

Chelsea said...

So fun! LMAO at "fire in my groin"!

Misty said...

I can identify with all of those songs/CDs, except AKON - HATER!

alex dumas said...

The one on my birthday is "Knock Three Times" by Tony Orlando & Dawn. I've always liked that song. However, I see no significance in coupling it with the day of my birth.