Thursday, April 17, 2008

Wii Will Rock You



On Monday night Kelly and I went to our friends', the Mortimers, house to watch a Jazz game. Ya, right. Me? Watch a Jazz game? Personally I'd rather shoot myself in the eye than watch basketball, particularly on TV. Kelly might not pull out the gun if basketball was on, but he's never watched a game since I've known him. So you can imagine my relief when someone broke out "Rock Band," a super fun game for XBox. It had four instrument choices: drums, guitar, bass guitar, and microphone (lead singer). Each person chose an instrument and we rocked out to such bands as The Clash, David Bowie, Soundgarten, Weezer and Bon Jovi. OK, not my favorite genre, but I did OK on most of the 80's ones. Kelly, of course, was loving the band selections. I think they reminded him of his glory days in Jr.High. They reminded me of his mullet in Jr. High, eek. Anyway, it was super fun. It took some serious getting used to to figure out how to work all the instruments. I liked the drum best. Guitar and bass guitar were fun. Singing was hard. I didn't know very many of the songs well enough to sing to them. (It bases your score on whether your voice is going up or down appropriately and if you're holding the notes for the right amount of time). I definitely need more practice. It would be awesome if I could upload my own music to it.

The only downside to this game is that it is not yet available for the Wii yet. But it will be out on June 22 for according to all reports. Yeah!

4 comments:

CaraDee said...

I wanna play that.

tiburon said...

LOVE Rock Band - LOVE Guitar Hero! I am glad they are doing a rock band for Wii!

McKell said...

You were the drumming queen... when you get it on the Wii, I want in!

alex dumas said...

Now there's something we have in common. I despise sports on TV. Bo-Ring.