Thursday, February 14, 2008

What a Man...


I love that my husband knows me. He knows I don't want trite red roses. He knows I would cry if the bouquet had baby's breath. There are no stupid teddy bears or cheap heart shaped chocolates around here. Just a perfect bouquet of multi-colored tulips. They're exactly what I wanted. He's awesome. In the world of En Vogue "What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good man (background : a mighty mighty good man). That just dated me, huh?

We're doing our usual non-romantic Valentine's Day evening tonight: our Annual Anti-Valentine's Day Party. I think this is our 4th or 5th one. This year, however, we got smart and rented a place to do it. One of the biggest headaches about having a party is spending days trying to get Hurricane Daphne and Typhoon Beck's messes under control as well as the daily messes of Mommy and Daddy. Then there's the mess to clean up afterward. So this year we decided to spare ourselves the biggest source of stress, and we got a room at Noah's. You just show up with your food, party, and leave. They clean up after you. The room has a huge plasma TV, couches, chairs, a mini-kitchen, and a pool table. And plenty of parking. It should be awesome. It's going to break my diet, but I can splurge for a night, right?

And here's this for Valentine's Day...




My Candy Heart Says "First Kiss"



You're a true romantic who brings an innocent hope to each new relationship.

You see the good in every person you date, and you relish each step of falling in love.

Your ideal Valentine's Day date: a romantic dinner your sweetie cooks for you

Your flirting style: friendly and sweet

What turns you off: cynics who don't believe in romance

Why you're hot: you always keep the romance alive

3 comments:

Chelsea said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! Tulips are my favorites. Have a great time at the party, I bet it will be so fun. Oh, and now I have that song in my head! :)

Christie said...

Awww - that is so sweet. What a great hubby!

alex dumas said...

Anti-Valentine's Day. I like that. But doesn't it become a traditional Valentine's Day if he gives you flowers?