Pippa had her two week check up a few days ago. She did great. In fact, the pediatrician pronounced her "PERFECT." So, yeah, good work Mommy and Daddy. You created perfection!
She weighed in at a hefty 8 lbs 3 oz, a full half pound over her birth weight. (Hello? Can you say PORKER?!?) They usually want them back to their birth weight by then, so the weight gain was a nice surprise. Pippa's weight, in fact, is in the 60%! By far the fattest of my babies. Her height was in the 40%, which is 15% higher than my tallest child. Her head is in the 80%, about standard for my kids. What can I say? They have huge, brain-packed noggins!
Other tidbits about Pippa:
- Her name is the nickname for Phillipa, which is a Greek name meaning "lover of horses." We didn't name her Phillipa, though. Just Pippa.
- We got her name from a Robert Browning poem called "Pippa Passes."
- We are SO into Victorian poetry.
- Yeah, not really. We got it from excessive watching of the BBC's coverage of the royal wedding. DUH! (It's the name of Princess Kate's sister. )
- Pippa is my biggest baby.
- Pippa is my tallest baby.
- Pippa has white eyebrows, white eyelashes, and reddish-golden hair.
- Pippa is an extremely patient, mellow baby. She only screams when you take off her clothes or diaper. (I'd scream if someone were always taking off my clothes too.)
- Pippa smiled at only a week old. And just in case you think it was a fluke...or gas...she has smiled numerous times since. Mostly at me, of course. Or else tons of gas.
- Pippa is sleeping through the night. Mostly. She goes to bed about 11pm and sleeps until 5 or 6 am. Sometimes I have to wake her up to feed her because my boobs are going to explode. It makes me wonder how late she would sleep if I didn't wake her up. (But not enough to let my boobs explode to find out.)
- Daphne and Beck really like Pippa.
- Daphne likes to kiss Pippa on the head.
- Beck likes to growl at Pippa and shine flashlights in her eyes.
- (Hey, we all show our affection differently.)
- I am madly, passionately, unreservedly in love with this baby.
- Sometimes I want to eat her up.
- But then I realized that I just spent 9 months trying to get her OUT of my body, so I'd better let her remain unconsumed.
- See, once again, we all show our affection differently. Daphne? Kissing. Me? Cannibalism.
And here, by popular demand, are more pictures of Pippa. I just got some professional ones done this week, but I don't have them back yet. So mostly you're going to get ones where her eyes are half closed or she's staring off into space. Sorry, it's the best I could do while holding a camera and trying not to let her fall head first on the floor at the same time.