Thursday, February 11, 2010

Texas Check-In

I guess that last post was a bit much for most of you to chew on. (Or it could be that I have completely slacked off on reading other blogs since I've been here, so I have been forgotten.....weep, weep.) Anyway, let's try something simpler.

So, I'm in Texas. It is supposed to be 50-70 degrees this time of year. It was 38 today. With sleet. I want my money back.


On the other hand, I've had a whole week of hanging with Jennie, so that pretty much makes up for it.


I've had two canker sores on the inside of my bottom lip for well over a week. They hurt like hell and will NOT go away. And since the area is swollen, I keep accidentally re-biting them. Stupid vampire fangs.


On the other hand, I've been eating some seriously good food since I got here. Barbeque, Mexican, Greek (the best greek chicken salad on the face of earth. Twice), desserts, Blue Bell ice cream (Ok, that is just Big Daddy's indulgence, but it is pretty good ice cream. Even one day where I ate breakfast, then lunch, then I had cookies and brownies for dinner. AWESOME. Tomorrow? Boston Market. Yeah!


I'm staying at a hotel with TWO bedrooms, a kitchen and living room and two bathrooms. Let me just tell you, it is a saweet way to travel with kids. You lock one in one room, one in the living room, and then you get to sleep in peace in your own bedroom. Why did it take us so long to find this hotel???


U.S. Airways SUCKS. I've got a whole other post about this, but it's a doozie, so I thought I'd just sum up here in case anyone misses that post. Once again, U.S. AIRWAYS SUUUUUCKS.


A good pillow can make all the difference to whether or not you get a good night's sleep at a hotel. So can ear plugs.


I'm reading a super good book right now. Three Cups of Tea. I can hardly put it down.


Exactly two weeks until I will be waking up to this view:



and not this one:




I've had a cold since the day I arrived here in Texas. I am so incredibly snotty. I hate it when my vacation is dictated by how close I am to a box of tissues. Can I go mini-golfing with my kids? Hmm, that depends. How close is the nearest box of tissues? Can I go to dinner? That depends. Can I carry enough tissues in my purse to make it through the meal? Shopping? Probably out of the question. Too far to go to get to tissues. See? LAME.


OK, I think that does it. I'll be seeing you on your blog again soon, as soon as I return to the REAL LIFE. Wah.


14 comments:

tiburon said...

Sorry the weather isn't cooperating!!

Hurry home :)

Miss you :)

Jen said...

Too bad Jennie doesnt live in Houston, it would have been fun to see you.

rae said...

Holla! Texas! (Southwest next time. It's good.) And I'm JEALOUS of your vacay.

And that last picture is hilarious.

Tiffany said...

I had a similar weather experience in Florida. I'm truly sorry.

But I'm not too sorry after you showed that island view. Now, I'm kind of jealous.

Unknown said...

i agree with Rae, Southwest is way better, and cheaper! Texas is delightfully chilly today :)

Mrs. O said...

I have got to get us to somehwere tropical. Have a great time and take lots of pictures so us snowfolk can live vicariously.

Kristina P. said...

I think the weather is better here!

Gargle with salt water. That's what I have to do when I get cankers.

Mia said...

Bummer that the weather didn't cooperate. But you did get a week with Jennie! I love that picture of lil miss D.

Jules AF said...

I'm jealous you're going somewhere tropical. meh.

Chelsea said...

Three Cups of Tea is a great book! It made me feel like I could change the world. I am sooo jealous of your upcoming trip!!!

Financial Aid for College said...

WHAT upcoming trip? Where are you going? Why is your mother the last to know? (I don't have to baby-sit, do I?)

Marin said...

i'm sorry that the weather sucks and your sick. that ruins vacations, but i know all about the food down there, texas knows how to produce good eats

Nicki said...

I'm so jealous you got to be with Jennie, cold weather and all! At least you do have some where nice and tropical to go to!

Shawn said...

Oh---cold in Texas---what? But that vacation looks heavenly---just what I need---can I fit in your bag?