Friday, January 23, 2009

McPhee Madness, Part 1

The other day, Big Daddy left a catalogue lying around for a company called Accoutrements. If you've never heard of it, and most people haven't, it's a magazine selling completely random, hilarious, bizarre, delightful, jouvenile crap. The magazine is for wholesalers, but they have a corresponding website called McPhee.com which is open the public. I had such a great time reading through this catalogue of curiosities and novelties, that I thought I'd share a few of them here with you. Tune in for additional posts tomorrow and the next day....


1) Mr. Bacon vs Monsieur Tofu.

Are you a bitter vegetarian? Then these action figures are for you! Show the world how you really feel about meat by defeating the evil Mr.Bacon every day on your desk at work or coffee table at home.

2. Chum Mints.
What could freshen your breath more than the taste of rotting fish heads? Um...pretty much anything, I think.


3. Angry Mob Play Set

What every child has always wished for has finally been mass produced. No more need for Stalker Ken. Now an angry mob can deal with that meddlesome Barbie. And her pesky little niece/cousin/daughter Skipper too.

4. Shredsors

Is a shredder too technically advanced? Then just try our handy shredsors! Comes with a free tube of Icy Hot for when you're done.

4. Smoking Baby

This is a quote from the catalogue on this item:
"Of all the things that shouldn't smoke, babies are a t the top of the list. The tag line for this product emphatically states our position on this issue: Real Babies Should Never Smoke! Ceramic babies smoking, on the other hand, are strangely appealing." Um....No. Not really.


5. Party Rats!

What? The name "party rats" doesn't sound appealing? Well, wait! Party rats are much cooler than they sound. They're little lights, shaped (for some reason we can't explain) like rats. You hook them your finger tips and you're ready to party! Or as the catalogue states, "Also great for the latest computer craze, night blogging!" Night blogging? Why didn't somebody tell me I was missing out on that craze? I'm going to order some party rats RIGHT NOW and start blogging at 3am IN STYLE!

Tune in tomorrow for more wacky products.

8 comments:

mCat said...

I totally want the smoking baby on my desk. Next to Venus

Hildie said...

Awesome! Why have we never received this stuff as gifts?

veronica said...

Wow. I think I'll start my Christmas shopping early!

CaraDee said...

Um, I want shredsors. When you only need to shred one line or seomthing. I am always tearing off the bottom, and ripping that one piece up. how easy would these be!!

rychelle said...

i LOVE stuff like this!

do you ever visit perpetualkid.com?

Shawn said...

This is great! I am definitely going to check this out---my hubby loves dorky things like this.

tiburon said...

Fabulous. I need this catalog!

Anonymous said...

Do you ever blog just for the sake of blogging?